• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Newbie to the 4 banger

claws69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
After totalling my 03 Edge on the way home from work about a month ago, i had to buy another ranger. i decided to go with a 4cyl (2.5L) since the 3.0 was killing me in the mpg (i drive 80-100 a day)
I bought an 01 xlt with the 2.5L automatic 2wd. (48000 miles!!!)
MPG ave right now is only ave 19.5 but i am thinking it has original plugs and wires.
I would like to up the mpg and power a bit.
getting new plugs and wires r first on my list and then a full intake.
I found a full length Pacesetter header for the 1982-1992 2.3L on ebay and wondered what it would take to bolt that up to the 2.5L in my truck? Mine has the o2 sensors on the down pipe and not on the manifold and it is an egr equipped 4bangr. I would most likely have a shop install but would they have to do any welding or cutting on the header for it to work? would it make much difference vs a factory shorty header from a mid 90's 2.3 header?
Thanks much.:icon_hornsup:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
id buy the header designed for your truck. plugs wires, fuel filter, oil change, fluid flushes everywhere, air filter and a bottle of injector cleaner. thats where id start.

claws69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
they do not market a header for the 2.5l anywhere that i have noticed and i have seen where the 2.3 header will fit but not sure if the full length pacesetter would fit on this truck. no mention of this anywhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals