• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A Bunch of Nut Cases

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Makes no sense does it? :icon_twisted:
Makes perfect sense. Worth it just so you don't have modern computers, OnStar, and any other BS that can track you and be regulated. No, I'm not paranoid, I'm a rational person in an irrational world.

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
i cant even explain how much i love my truck and ive put it through more stuff in the 4 months that ive owned it than the origonal owner ever did in 9 years! ive put almost 4,000 bux in it (so far) and almost rolled it TODAY

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
my family just shake there heads when I look at my trucks with pride, especially after they heard what Beef did to the 94. :icon_rofl: Plus what they don't know I've done in the 87 :icon_twisted::icon_rofl:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not gonna lie, thinking of having more room, more (a lot more) power and still getting similar mileage is pretty damn tempting. I put my Ranger through its paces, but I want a full size for work. I'll keep a Ranger as a toy though.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What a bunch of nut cases we are. We take (some of us at least) rusted, beat-up, worn out, way past their prime Rangers and what do we do?

Replace frames, cabs, beds...patch, modify and otherwise keep our little trucks that have little monetary value going and going and going.

I'm not sure which are the Energizer Bunnies, the trucks or us.

I am totally amazed. I don't think any other brand of small truck gets this kind of attention. And what does Ford do? Kill it off on Dec. 26th. :bawling: Obviously it's our fault by not buying new ones. Then Ford's fault for making them too good.:icon_thumby:

:icon_cheers:
....It's what we do. We're Ford people.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Makes perfect sense. Worth it just so you don't have modern computers, OnStar, and any other BS that can track you and be regulated. No, I'm not paranoid, I'm a rational person in an irrational world.
I do it for no other reason other than it is fun to do, beside I suppose my Sirius radio could be tracked anyway...

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
lol ^ so can your cell phone...

jhammel85

I plan to run mine until it dies. If I can get five more years out of my 1000 dollar truck and get a total of 7 years out of it, I'd be ecstatic!

The only thing I can see my self replacing in that time frame would be the 24 year old, 155k mile AL4D under there...If anything else goes, so be it. I'll still keep it going.

Once I do retire it, I will be doing a complete head to toe restore on the truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals