• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

7/7 dropped ranger?

98DangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Iv seen a few of these around here and thats the same direction im wanting to go with my ranger aswell. just a few questions though becuse i seem to be lost on what is needed in the front in order to get the full 7" drop. I have my plans already for the rear 7" drop. besides the 3" drop coils for the front what else do i need? lead me in the direction to find the answers if need be.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sitting 7/9 on 20's...I have 2" drop coils that have settled 2 more inches, but I'd highly recommend going bags...I'm static dropped, but am about to put my bags on...

SVT

98DangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Well I cant afford a $1k bag kit so thats why im wanting to go static and id have to get a whole new frame if i want to bag it so im staying away from all that mess untill i have money(never) so thats pretty much why im trying to find out how to do this with out bags.. So what else did you do to get the rest of the 7" drop on the front? also how did you manage a 9 in the rear?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
For the front I did 3" DJM beams (Dream Beams), 2" drop coils that settled 2 inches for a total of 4" from the coils...Out back I did an Explorer 8.8 swap which is under sprung already, which gave me 5 inches, I started with blocks but took the blocks out and flipped my rear hanger giving me 4 inches, and I made my own frame notch...You don't need a new frame to bag, and I have maybe $500 into my bag setup, but I didn't buy a kit, I bought it piece by piece and came out way ahead...I have four 1" valves (fill), four 3/8" valves (dump) a 4 ft long by 10" round tank (12 or 14 gallon I think) Free from an old 18 wheeler, and 3 air compressors from factory air ride lincolns....All I need to buy is air line, and make my own brackets...
SVT

98DangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
if you saw my frame you would say i do. i wouldnt know what all i would need to get in order to install it, and free stuff doesnt come by me all to often. so im pretty much doing it the hard way. so i plan on going with 3" lowering leaf springs and 4" lowering blocks in the rear and go with your set up in the front.
one question. there is no guarentee that the coils will settle 2 more inches for me right? meaning you just got lucky they settled that much right?

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
hey SVT your back tire looks a bit flat haha

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lol SVT just what does one use a brush guard for on a truck that doesnt have the clearance to make it over a pebble....let alone a trail with brush on it.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
if you saw my frame you would say i do. i wouldnt know what all i would need to get in order to install it, and free stuff doesnt come by me all to often. so im pretty much doing it the hard way. so i plan on going with 3" lowering leaf springs and 4" lowering blocks in the rear and go with your set up in the front.
one question. there is no guarentee that the coils will settle 2 more inches for me right? meaning you just got lucky they settled that much right?
I got my coils from a guy who had them on his truck with a 4.0L and auto, so the extra weight had settled 2 more inches...you can cut the coils to the desired height (no torch, use a sawzall or band saw)
hey SVT your back tire looks a bit flat haha
Yep, I need new ones, but I got rims and tires cheaper than cheap
Lol SVT just what does one use a brush guard for on a truck that doesnt have the clearance to make it over a pebble....let alone a trail with brush on it.
Scraping reflectors and pushing cars in my way :icon_rofl:
SVT

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
What kind of drop coils do you have that setteled 2" thats just crazy. Belltech 2" coils are the only way to go anything else is junk. The max you can drop and still for sure be able to align any year ranger is 5" in the front any more and you will have camber issues. A good air ride kit is going to cost $1500-$2000 roughly depending on the kit and components. Also cut coils are hack and ride like S*** I did it when I was younger so I know first hand how unsafe they are(heating them is even worse).

dj224ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual

that doesnt look like 7/9 measure from your center of your wheel to the bottom of your wheel well please

you say you have a expo rear axle they give you 5.5" inches and you flipped your rear shackles they give you 2-2.5" not 4" unless you have lift shackles( ie flipped upside down would lower you) that would give you 7.5-8" plus sag from stock leafs so i can see where you got 9 in the rear but 7 in the front and you can still align this?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals