• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

James Duff or SkyJacker

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Those pics were a little too crazy big, so I made them clickable thumbnails (photobucket should have a setting under your account options to give you direct links for clickable thumbs, but you may have to enable it for your page).

I agree, those arms are a bit stale in appearance. I'm also wondering why they messed with such a good thing. :icon_confused: Though it does show they must be doing some active R&D on these kits, which I've been wondering about for about 12 years now.

Can you get a better pic of the mounting ears at the axle? The way I see it above it looks like a notch right where it's welded to the body of the arm (bad), but maybe it's just the angle of the pic?

Last edited:

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I agree, those arms are a bit stale in appearance. I'm also wondering why they messed with such a good thing. :icon_confused: Though it does show they must be doing some active R&D on these kits, which I've been wondering about for about 12 years now.

Can you get a better pic of the mounting ears at the axle? The way I see it above it looks like a notch right where it's welded to the body of the arm (bad), but maybe it's just the angle of the pic?
I don't think they look too bad, in person they look ultra beefy. I guess the boxed design doesn't quite have the flair of the tubed style arms, but the "cool factor" drop with the new style never crossed my mind:icon_rofl: The radius arms are pretty damn stout, each one if I can remember accurately was about 40lbs. My guess would be that the change in radius arm design was a cost cutting measure (the tooling for the tube arms was probably more expensive as are the raw materials most likely.) But the quality of the arms appears to not have suffered in the least. There is no comparison between these arms and the stock ones!

I am not sure what notch you are talking about, but regardless I will get another picture for you.

oh, by the way, thank you for resizing the pictures to a more reasonable size! I know how to do it, but I was being lazy:D

Last edited:

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Are these the pictures you wanted?

Top:

Bottom:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yeah, that helps. I see what it is now, it juts out at an angle where the ear gets wider. In the other pic it looked like there might've been a notch there.

Superlift's arms had a notch there, and low & behold, lookie what happens lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals