• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cluster lights out... no brake lites either and more!

bobaloo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
I'll start with I have a 94XL 2.3 Ranger.

Saturday I noticed my heater blower motor wasn't working so I checked the connection and it still didn't work, so it was time to check fuses all ok. So I pulled apart my dash to get to the heater control. Everything checked out good there too! So I went back under the hood and gave the blower motor a tap with a screwdriver handle and it started working. Huh, go figure. I put the dash back together and considered it fixed... for now.

Here's the problem now... I was driving it that night and saw I had no dash lights by the gauges or HVAC controls. Headlights worked but side guide lights and brake lites were out and ABS lite is flashing! Turn signals work fine though. So I tore the dash apart again... Using a test light and the info for the fuses, Ignition on all fuses were hot except Number 13. That's the one for the "instrument illumination". Number 13 nothing, checked the fuse its good, but probing from the front and back of the fuse panel showed it is dead. Checked all the fuses under the hood and they're all hot. Really checked the headlight switch, seemed ok but I wandered up to AutoZone and got another one, plugged it in and...........Same Problem:dunno:

I googled it and I saw a few people with the same problem... but theirs seemed to be fixed with a new headlight switch. I have attempted to trace the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual but they dont show the path to/from fuse 13.

Any help would sure be appreciated...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals