• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What should I do?

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I have decided to kinda put the truck on the back burner because I don't have another truck to drive while its being "tinkered" with. And I can't exactly find a job with it like that either.haha. I am looking for weekend mods I can do to it. I was thinking sliders and stuff. But until I have a job I won't be able to afford things too expensive. It needs tires So I was thinking tires and wheels and drive it like it is, some 31's and drive till i get another vehicle. Well any opinions are welcome.:icon_thumby:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
5.0 enough said. :icon_thumby:

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
5.0 enough said. :icon_thumby:
That would be awesome if i had a)the time... b)the money... c)the know how... but, if i land a decent job i might, so don't count it out yet.lol

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
If your broke, leave it how it is. no sense getting into money issues if its avoidable.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Don't go into debt over a truck. Get it reliable enough to get to work and start saving your $$. After you have a decent savings, look for a cheap, reliable car to be your DD. THEN start buying parts a little at a time. Don't do too much at a time unless you need something expensive. If you don't need to drive the truck you can do it right and take your time.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
It needs tires So I was thinking tires and wheels and drive it like it is.:icon_thumby:
That is completely justifiable if it needs tires. Maybe some treadwrights? Very inexpensive tire for what you get. Mine will be here next week. :D

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is completely justifiable if it needs tires. Maybe some treadwrights? Very inexpensive tire for what you get. Mine will be here next week. :D
It is going to need them soon. Probablyt when winter gets here. and treadwrights?:icon_confused: Never heard of them... Explain.lol

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Agree with several above posts. Wait until you have a solid income to start working on the truck or buying another car. You'll regret going into debt over it later on. You don't want to worry about it. Just put the project as a whole on the back burner.

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
https://www.treadwright.com/

Basically used tires that were retreaded to be street-safe again.
I might get a set of them, they look like they would do the trick. And the truck is drivable, I just want to save up money to do everything at once instead of it living in the garage. But i agree with yall ill just save up to buy a dd then go about tinkering with it.

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Treadwrights have a DOT aproval rating as high as new tires and cost wayyy less. If you get the less meaty tires you can rope 40k+ miles out of a set. I got the 31" crawler mt's shipped to my door for under 440 bucks.

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Treadwrights have a DOT aproval rating as high as new tires and cost wayyy less. If you get the less meaty tires you can rope 40k+ miles out of a set. I got the 31" crawler mt's shipped to my door for under 440 bucks.
That doesn't sound too bad i might grab me a set of them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals