• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Water Leak Pass Side Front.

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for the time being
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys I'm hoping y'all can help me out. I have water in my pass side floorboard of my 1989 B2 after any amount of rain. It seems to be permeating through the foam filler where the heater hoses come through the firewall. Am I looking at drilling all the spot welds and pulling the cowl or is there another possible explanation?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Probably pull the cowl. Depending where the rot is you may be able to pull the fender and maybe door, theres a "leather" flap that is supposed to allow drainage.

Copy from http://www.therangerstation.com/resources/ProblemArea.shtml

Rust:

Look closely for rust in the rear cab corners, bottoms of doors, drivers floor board, the front of the fuel tank where the plastic skid plate is, above the plastic liner in the beds wheelwells (Rusts heavily in the bed side above the wheel wells), the rocker panel behind the rear wheel near the rear bumper, the lower corners of the radiator support under the radiator, under the rubber window sills, in the corner of the floor and the rear cab wall, the bottom of the tailgate, and the rear spring shackles.

A couple more spots that are prone to rusting are the roof corners, under the gas pedal, the seam where the cab floor meets the firewall sheet metal, and right smack dab in the middle of the doors, look for rust bulging/bubbling. Check the floor for wetness on either side of cab floors, and down beside the fusebox/kick panels/computer for water dripping, signs of a poorly done windshield, or one that leaked a bit and was sealed up with silicone.
Edit; I think the window has to come out in order to completely remove the cowl. I saw someone's pic of them leaving the window in and bending the cowl up and then down. It did leave a crease tho.

Last edited:

jprevat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for the time being
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you for the info. I'll see what I can figure out but as far as rust goes this thing is pretty clean. If it has to come out then I will pull it and tack it after it's fixed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals