• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85 B2 on 36" Military tires

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
have you run the truck full cycle yet with the 37? looks like its gonna tear into the fender in the pic which is why i suggested relocating the fender up to the rocker and further cutting/bulging.. or ure you going to live with minimum up travel and bump stop it down??

the rear when done minimally is harder then a pickup but not bad, when clearanceing for max travel its easier to start with a tub kit though.

one thing for sure, the 36 in military tires are much better then the 37 inch military radials, i run the radials as my road tires and they absolutely suck in the snow or the wet, even siped to death.

hard to beat the price though.:dunno:

Klitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
have you run the truck full cycle yet with the 37? looks like its gonna tear into the fender in the pic which is why i suggested relocating the fender up to the rocker and further cutting/bulging.. or ure you going to live with minimum up travel and bump stop it down??

the rear when done minimally is harder then a pickup but not bad, when clearanceing for max travel its easier to start with a tub kit though.

one thing for sure, the 36 in military tires are much better then the 37 inch military radials, i run the radials as my road tires and they absolutely suck in the snow or the wet, even siped to death.

hard to beat the price though.:dunno:
It's already bitten the drivers fender and given it character. Once it warms up a few more degrees I'll spend more time fiddlin with the fenders to get more room up front. but the rear still intimidates me it looks like a lot of hacking and then body work to make the rears work for me.

I have the 37"s on my F150, I didn't get a chance to find snow this year with them, but the remaining couple inches I did have felt much better than the 35" bald BFG AT/KO's. I was hoping siping would be a really good idea for them, they roast and squall like pigs just as easy as the 35"s did.

I'm going to look and see if I can find momma's 92 explorer rear leafs, if I can I'll throw them into the pile on the project table.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i havent fully cycled the suspension, i am waiting to put the gears and lockers in since my rear end is getting swapped out for a 8.8, hoping that it doesnt cause too many problems im always in to cut the fenders more. For the rear I am gonna get new tubs cause their is a huge gap their that im gonna seal up. :icon_welder:

Klitch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Which leafs do I really want? I think the 92 explorer sports stock springs were 3 leafs, 2nd leaf is almost full length of the primary leaf, and the last is just worthless. this leaf pack is almost exact same as my 97 1/2 ton stock springs.

the 93 explorer 4 dr has a leaf pack with more to it, is this the better choice for soft/flexy?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals