• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5 speed with automatic code errors?....WTF

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll swap computers!!

Sorry to threadjack but......

bttlscrs00x,
I have a 93 auto computer and I need a manual one for that year as I'm putting a 93 4.0 and 91 manual into my 88BII. I'm willing to swap and I can send mine first as the truck is tore apart right now.:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Lol it seems I have some options... Hahahaha I'll do an even trade with anyone that has an auto ECM that will fit my motor/trans... My only problem is that if for whatever reason it doesn't work, I can't leave my truck out of commission for too long. I don't drive it around yet but it needs to be moved around the yard.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Lol it seems I have some options... Hahahaha I'll do an even trade with anyone that has an auto ECM that will fit my motor/trans... My only problem is that if for whatever reason it doesn't work, I can't leave my truck out of commission for too long. I don't drive it around yet but it needs to be moved around the yard.
Well, I guess 94 would be first in line if he would want to swap motors or not, then me if I can find where I stashed my 4.0L computer, then Alaska.

Anyone else have a 5 speed computer and a need/desire to swap to an auto computer? lol....

bttlscrs00x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That would make sense but unfortunately, I'm hesitant to swap with 94 because he's having problems with his truck/trans. Mine works perfectly fine. I'd only swap with someone whose computer is working properly. 94's problem might be that he has the wrong ECM, it also might be that it's just bad.. I don't know and I don't want to be stuck with one that doesn't work when I trade away my perfectly good one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals