• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will this work?

truckguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
i stripped the interior of my bronco II in order to put truckbed liner down. when i pulled the carpet up there was a big rust whole in the back by the hatch. and then under each of the front seets it looks like a 5-6 slice in the middle, like someone was too heavy in the seat. would i be able to cut out the rust/slice and glue a new piece of metal over? i looked online and found metal to metal adhesive, it would just be a lot cheaper than welding.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I would say yes. I used screws and panels from whatever - fridge, heaters, aluminum sheet, etc. Not a whole lot of miles yet but seems to be hanging together ~5000 miles on road, 200 off road. Glued and screwed would be stronger than mine. I've heard that body panels are being glued on all the time now, but have no personal experience.

It's meant to be a bush beater so I don't care what it looks like.
If I was to do it again I'd remove and replace; make the wheel tubs bigger so the tires don't rub so easily when articulating.
I'm running 31x10.5/15 Baja Claws now.

Richard

hopster

Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0, 5.0 can't decide
Transmission
Manual
when glueing panels together make sure there is plenty of overlap and get rid of all the rust or you will do it over again soon( ask me how i know). also make sure the surface is free of paint dirt grime etc. or it wont stick. its not the ideal method but it works.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals