• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

While the engine is out....

Sultan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool. I do it for a living and it is a crazy job. It think you are wise for doing what you do!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Hah, I wish.

I am a technician at a Ford dealership by profession. I dabble in sound on the side and run the board for services at church. I don't do anything professionally and I'm just starting to get into car audio stuff. That was prompted by the realization that the radio I put in my Ranger has a built in graphic equalizer.
i do everything audio/visual at church also.. i enjoy it.
now i just need to get a job at ford.. i would like to, i think...

Sultan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Funny I have a second job working for my church running sound. I really like it and getting up at 4:40 on Sunday mornings is always a joy:)

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
well we don't have sunday morning service... our main service is at 5pm.. and worship practice is at 2:30.. so i can sleep till noon if i wanted to lol

Tonka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Definitely replace the clutch while you're at it, unless it's brand new. If the flywheel teeth are worn, flip it or replace it. Do the rear seal (mine's currently leaking but I ain't pullin' it. I'd rather just keep adding oil unless it gets really bad.) Clean the engine really good so you can spot future gasket leaks. Replace the ground cable between engine and frame if it looks bad. Since Fords have that annoying twin-I-beam system making it a pain in the %#@ to get to your oil pan, change that gasket and while the pan is off, grab your lower rods and make sure they're tight on the crank and not worn. Clean the sludge out of your oil pan and if there's a magnet, clean it off too.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Cool. I do it for a living and it is a crazy job. It think you are wise for doing what you do!
I like what I do, but I don't care for what it does to me. I am sad to say that there aren't too many days that go by at work when I don't harbor some very unchristian thoughts towards one particular co-worker and at least 2 or 3 customers. I can take a crazy job, I can take crazy people. It's stupidity that I don't handle well.

Funny I have a second job working for my church running sound. I really like it and getting up at 4:40 on Sunday mornings is always a joy:)
I hear that. Thursday night practice, rush home from work, eat on the go, Sunday up earlier than any other day. And with me working a lot of Saturdays, well, I don't get too many days of pure rest. Not like I should any way.

well we don't have sunday morning service... our main service is at 5pm.. and worship practice is at 2:30.. so i can sleep till noon if i wanted to lol
Oh you lucky duck. I used to live 5 min walk from the church I could roll out of bed at 7:45, drag my feet, and still be there on time. Now it's a 40 min drive. Up at 6, out the door by 7, and if it isn't foggy and there aren't a bunch of cops, I can be there on time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals