• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Speaker Question... 90 ranger

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
OK well I'm christmas shopping for my brother right now. He is living elsewhere so I can't check the fitment on his truck. My dad got him a CD or is getting one for him that has USB and whatnot so he can use his zune and I figure I'll get some front speakers for the truck so he has good sound.

Anyways He has a 90 ranger extended cab, and I checked the tech library and found 6.5" speakers fit, but the ones I want to get him are these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFCP709/Kenwood-KFC-P709PS.html?tp=106&avf=N&tab=review

They are Component 6.75" speakers, it says they can fit 6.5" holes but I'm not sure... I know he will figure out the tweeter part but I don't want him to get it and have to start hacking his doors up. We are hoping for low profile look so that people don't jack his stuff.

Also since its just the woofer and they depend on having a box of sorts do you think they would be fine in the doors without a box? I plan on getting the foam baffels to keep them clean would that act as a sort of box?

Thanks Guys

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think your plan sounds good. those baffles behind the speaker baskets do act as sort of a 'box". and they help protect them as well.
the speakers are supposed to fit per the link. keep the receipt and if your brother can't make them work, you can always send them back and exchange for some that will have better fitment.
you have a lucky brother!!

Happy Holidays!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals