• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my new pistol

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
:headbang:wooo i'm getting my new pistol in 3 days.... a taurus millenium 45 stainless I can hide it a lot better than my DE .50

m8r8j

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
blue oval
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
.50 is way more badass though

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
check out the mags. My buddy had one and his friend bought a simalier pistol both had problems with one mag out of the 2 it came with. so fill out the warrnty card and mail it in, you'll be glad you did if anything ever happens to it.

m8r8j

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
blue oval
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
i like how the taurus has a shorter looking barrel

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info on the probs that I may have. I have had a few people I talk to say very good things about it, never any probs, but only time will tell. Yes the millenium/ 24/7 has the 3.3" barrel. The 3 main reasons I chose it, compact, .45 cal, and it has the safety lock where the slide and trigger are immoveable since I have kids, so even if they did get to it somehow over 7 ft in the air, they can't do anything but drop the clip out of it nothing else will function. :icon_thumby:

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I went full size this time.

Post up a pic of your piece,and report back on how it shoots.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've had the .50 since about 03, and it's been shot 9 times, one clip plus one in self defense. I don't like shooting it too much and have not shot it since aug 11 05. I hope to never have to use a weapon in self defense again, but seems people are getting crazier and breaking in and robbing people for less and less. So I decided to get me a carry gun and after much thinking between a 9 and .45, well, you know what I decided. I hope and pray anyone reading this never has to fire a weapon in self defense. As I write this I am trembling thinking about it, even though the guy I had to end was scum, it's still a human. Anyways, yes I will let you know how it does.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've had the .50 since about 03, and it's been shot 9 times, one clip plus one in self defense. I don't like shooting it too much and have not shot it since aug 11 05. I hope to never have to use a weapon in self defense again, but seems people are getting crazier and breaking in and robbing people for less and less. So I decided to get me a carry gun and after much thinking between a 9 and .45, well, you know what I decided. I hope and pray anyone reading this never has to fire a weapon in self defense. As I write this I am trembling thinking about it, even though the guy I had to end was scum, it's still a human. Anyways, yes I will let you know how it does.
I agree wholeheartedly,hope never to have to use it on another human being.I do however enjoy trips out to shoot targets,have for 30+ years.

Jon581

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have heard alot of bad things about the taurus brand

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have heard alot of bad things about the taurus brand
You can see problems with every brand of 1911 on 1911.org,including the high dollar custom jobs.Always register your warranty card so you can send it in if need be.

LEVE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I quit CC a Springfield Armory XDm .40, it was just too big for a little guy like me. I am much more comfortable CC my Kel-Tec P32. Yes, it's a "toy" pistol, but it still packs a sting, and I'm pretty good at grouping the 10+1 shots. When those run out... I pop in the 7 round magazine and repeat.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I quit CC a Springfield Armory XDm .40, it was just too big for a little guy like me. I am much more comfortable CC my Kel-Tec P32. Yes, it's a "toy" pistol, but it still packs a sting, and I'm pretty good at grouping the 10+1 shots. When those run out... I pop in the 7 round magazine and repeat.
Nothing wrong with that,I'm considering a Walther ppk/s.Small but with hollow points,what the hell.

Jon581

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You can see problems with every brand of 1911 on 1911.org,including the high dollar custom jobs.Always register your warranty card so you can send it in if need be.
i worked with a guy that ran his own gun shop so we used to talk guns alot and he told me that most of the taurus guns he sold would have to be sent out under warranty for repairs more then once, and just so you know i'm not bashing taurus.just something i heard.

mentalbreakdown00

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, one friend has 2 taurus's, and another has one and no probs. I was thinking of a taurus judge, but it's a bit too big for carry purposes. I went to a couple different guns shops and they wanted to push certian brands on me so I went away from them. One was glock the ither bersa (sp?). I may regret buying a less expensive firearm than a DE, colt, ruger, etc. but it's what I can afford for now.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, one friend has 2 taurus's, and another has one and no probs. I was thinking of a taurus judge, but it's a bit too big for carry purposes. I went to a couple different guns shops and they wanted to push certian brands on me so I went away from them. One was glock the ither bersa (sp?). I may regret buying a less expensive firearm than a DE, colt, ruger, etc. but it's what I can afford for now.
I got the 1911 in the pic I posted for right at $500 nib w/lifetime warranty,it's the Rock Island Armory 1911a1 Tactical.Comes in different finishes.

They have various sizes in various finishes,including a compact for about $450,more bang for the buck.

http://www.armscor.com.ph/

You can review all the brands at 1911.0rg and they have a forum,so you can get more info from people who use them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals