• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98' Inner Splash Shields...

MikeGuevara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6 183CI
Transmission
Manual
Alright, I know this is going to be a stupid question, but just bear with me. I swapped my transmission in my 98' about over a year ago. In the process, I had to remove both front inner splash shields to gain access. I bought some new ones of eBay, and I honestly forgot how the bolted up to the lip of the fenders. I removed all of the hardware because of rust, so if any of you guys could, send me a PM or e-mail me at ShiftRacing@YMail.Com and let me know or send some pictures of your wheel well. Thanks guys.

Matthufham

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got a 97 but I have the passenger one out right now and fender out. I'll snap pics tomorrow.

MikeGuevara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6 183CI
Transmission
Manual
Awesome, thanks man. Send me a PM when you do.

MikeGuevara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6 183CI
Transmission
Manual
Perfect, thanks a lot man.

Rogue_Wulff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I know it's about a month old, but.....

Can anyone tell me if these inner splash shields will swap between a ranger and b2300? Both being the same year.
I have a torn passenger side splash shield. A new one for the mazda is ~$35, and for the ranger it's $20. Near as I can tell, the only place there could be any real difference, would be around the wheelwell opening, since the ranger is rounded, while the mazda is more flat along the upper edge.
I'm not a total cheapskate, but nearly 100% more for a mazda vs ford, for the same basic thing, is a bit rediculous if you ask me.
Those prices are from rockauto, with shipping factored in. Without shipping, it's $15 for the mazda part, and under $10 for the ranger. Yes, shipping is also higher for the mazda part, by nearly 100% as well........

I wouldn't really worry about replacing this, if it wasn't rubbing on the tire everytime I turn sharp. Makes a heck of noise inside the cab.......

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd drill a series of 1/8" holes along the cracked edges and stitch that back together with some wire (make X's), cause I AM a total cheapskate.

I can't imagine what would be different between a Mazda and a Ranger, same year.

Rogue_Wulff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
LOL, if it was all there, I would. The problem is, a lot is missing, and the PO already tried that. Of course, this is the same PO that installed a timing belt with the cam 5-6 teeth advanced, and the CMP ~120* off....

I'm probably going to order the cheaper one. Even if it doesn't quite fit 100% right, it's GOTTA be better than the fit of the current one.

As for the difference between Mazda and Ranger part, price.
That, and the minor difference in the shape of the wheelwell arch.

Rogue_Wulff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I went out and examined the current liner, and discovered it had the same part number as listed for the Ranger, so I slid over to the other side and saw the well fitting left liner has the same part number on it that's listed as a Ranger liner.
So, I guess the answer to my question is yes they will interchange, and it was as simple as looking under the truck and cross-checking numbers.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals