Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Old 01-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
superds

Vehicle Year: 1984 2013
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: BII F150
I use this vehicle for: driving
superds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to behold
Default 1988 F250 diesel 4x4 tow rig build

I recently picked up a 1988 F250 4x4 7.3 idi diesel with 5 speed transmission, regular cab, long box. It needs some work to say the least. Dirty and broken all over but the engine runs pretty good and it's an XLT Lariat so its has all the options of the day, you know, power windows, locks and air conditioning! Of course, the air conditioning is one of things I need to fix as well.

I'm trying to get into running condition and it'll become my tow rig and dd if it does well.

I have another thread about the transmission issue (won't go into 4th gear).

Other issues that need attention:

Needs wheels and tires

Needs receiver hitch and seven way trailer connector so it'll work with my trailer with brakes.

A/C needs repair

Something wrong with front hub/axle, four wheel drive won't engage (haven't done much on this yet).

The seat is torn and the carpet is nasty so I'll be looking for a used bench seat but will probably pick up some brand new carpet from Rock Auto, seems to be reasonably priced.

I've already fixed the broken clutch and brake pedal assembly and a bunch of other little boring things.

I'll have to post a picture later, isn't working right from my phone right now.
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Premium Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 83E98FB3D89C78 Expires: June 26, 2018
Old 01-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
superds

superds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to behold

Let's see if this works to show the pickup. This is the day I went to buy the pickup.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #3
Hagan
08/2013 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Picking up the ladies!
Hagan will become famous soon enoughHagan will become famous soon enough

Nice bricknose! I've got an '89 myself. I love these trucks!

My 302/zf5/np205 swap thread -> HERE
Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
superds

Well, I did a ton of work to this pickup. Got it in pretty good running shape, fixing nearly all of the issues including the air conditioning not working. Then I had a kid and it wasn't practical to have this plus my 2013 F150 so I sold the F250 since the car seat and wife fit better in the supercrew F150. I got nearly all of my money back that I had into it, just my time spent wasn't compensated. Although I did learn quite a bit about these engines along the way so it wasn't all for nothing.