• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4BT '94 Ranger & EB D44 SAS (no56k)

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have the pump turned up a little at the moment, once the suspension is done and I have it back I have an HE341 laying around to go on it. Just need to pick up a new lift pump and some 50hp injectors. But that will be after my powerstroke gets new injectors, O rings or cups just started to leak oil :annoyed:

trickytrav

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Can I get a parts list please?, bought a 91 just to do this swap!

trickytrav

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
well I know I need a 4bt, but is there a best year range for the engine? also what size lift is best to clear the oil pan from the diff?, what about the tranny, im hearing a lot about the m5od? is that the best option to go with?, any help is appreciated thx

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Anyone you can get for a decent price in good shape, they stopped making them in 04/05 I think. I had an M5 and it did fine at stock/pump mods only, but while its at the shop getting the suspension work done I am having a ZF-5 put in. (more power in future) As for oil pan, a lot of guys just notch out the pan to clear the diff then add it in somewhere else to make up the difference.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bout F'n Time!

Well after a long ass time, the front is mocked up. Just need to measure out the ride length height and figure out where the bottom coil over mount is going to end up. I am thinking of running plate from the C on an angle down like 4" into the axle tube and mount it closer to the C with tabs...Hoping that would leave room for a track bar mount. This would put the coil overs 0 degree F/B and about 10 degrees kicked out. opinions?!

As for the rear it is set in place just need a few gussets and final welds.

Also picked up an NP203 to go with my 205 :icon_idea:

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First time using sketch up so don't hate too much!

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The never ending project...... its back on all 4! Need to adjust the rates, not sure if the springs needs to be replaced or not. Really not happy with FOA, I charged the shocks and came back to the truck about 2 weeks later and found a puddle of oil on my floor! Shaft seal is shot.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And the saga continues...

King Pin D60 - GM 14 Bolt.
Going to need to swap out the gearing for something a little more diesel friendly. Bought them fully rebuilt with 5.38s
So out with the old, pictured above...and in with the new!
Also swapping in a ZF-5 and a 203/205 doubler.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Nice, I myself wasted time and money with a dana 44. Not sure why we all do this. Seems it's something we all go through. I wanted to believe that a 44 would last but they never do! Dana 60 all the way!

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea I am hoping to find a local jeep guy that wants to upgrade to unload it on lol. Hoping to have it back on the road around the new year. But will not be too highway friendly so I just want it for a little snow fun.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice, I myself wasted time and money with a dana 44. Not sure why we all do this. Seems it's something we all go through. I wanted to believe that a 44 would last but they never do! Dana 60 all the way!
For a tire size up to a 37, I like 44s. The size difference between the 44 and the 60 really is apparent with the smaller tires, and with a set of premium axle shafts and u joints, it is a solid performer.

351ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 ranger 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
For a tire size up to a 37, I like 44s. The size difference between the 44 and the 60 really is apparent with the smaller tires, and with a set of premium axle shafts and u joints, it is a solid performer.
If you want to just do light wheeling like mud puddles and two tracks, sure, the 44 can work. Anything more it's not going to work period. By the time you spend all the money on fancy axle shafts and u joints you still have a weak axle. I made a 44 with 36s on it last about ten minutes in my b2 and wasn't even being that rough on it. Yes it was stock axle shafts but it was just a little chop top 4.0 powered b2 and it couldn't hold up to anything.

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
to each their own.

but I can say, 44s hold up to some pretty tough wheeling with a set of H1s and 40s.

Cummins_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I plan to take it to Rouch Creek once it is done. Once the turbo and injectors are done it will be close to 500 ft lbs. just a little nervous about blowing that 8.8 and 44 apart with that kind of torque. I plan to sell both of them once they are out and ready.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals