• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Push start

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Get a wiring diagram from Helm Inc.

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I posted some pics so you can see what the hell I'm talking about. I bought it like this for a few hundred buck form a auto wrecker. The wires hanging down form the dash is how I start it. A screw driver or pocket knife works for now, but I still have the wires hanging on my knees while I'm driving. :icon_rofl:

Attachments

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What I would do if I had that is get a donor gen 2 dash and steering column that's what i have and I love it.

If you don't want to do that turn on and off the switch with a test light determine source and load wires.Label every wire with a L or P orS if you cut them with no label your in for a long day. Get a single throw double pole switch to give you an extra place to hook up more wires.If you use a double throw double pole you might make one side Acc position.What else you can do is use yellow crimps and put in more than one wire per crimp. Figure out which one goes to starter relay hook that one to the button and source the button.

There is a lot of wiring there and no way to make it real simple.As far as security goes it looks like it doesn't run and abandoned there.

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
like i said before check out my build thread on how to wire up a push start

NJRanger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
on the ignition under the colom theirs a rod pull it and you stearing weel unlocks. and the front 3 wires are starter 2yellow are power then just start touching wires together to figure it out thats what i did btw im talking about the harness that pluges into your stearing colom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals