Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Engine & Transmission Forums > Forced Induction

Forced Induction This forum is for ALL Turbo and Supercharger topics. This includes the 2.3L Turbo topics. Forum sponsored by Banshee Supercharger

Old 12-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
CTswampyankee

Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger long bed
I use this vehicle for: Mud bogs/drags
CTswampyankee is on a distinguished road
Default 94 2.3 ranger 88 turbo coupe 2.3 turbo swap wiring??

Iím starting a new project. I have a complete running An driving 94 2.3 ranger and 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. What is the easiest way to wire up the turbo 2.3? I plan on swaping the complete engine an t5 tranny.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 83E98FB3D89C78 Expires: June 26, 2018
Old 12-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Ranger
RonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant futureRonD has a brilliant future

Have a read here: http://www.therangerstation.com/how-...ring-diagrams/
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #3
scotts90ranger

Vehicle Year: 1990
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: holding down the driveway
scotts90ranger is a jewel in the roughscotts90ranger is a jewel in the roughscotts90ranger is a jewel in the rough

Last I checked there was a wiring diagram for a '91 Ranger and '88 Turbo coupe in the tech library, compare the two and go for it... ('91 and '94 are close enough) I would keep the M5OD if the '94 is a manual truck, much less work and they're plenty up to the task...

If it were me, I'd keep the DIS, it's just a matter of mounting the crank sensor on the front of the engine and mounting at least the passenger side coil pack. If you do go this route and just run on 4 plugs, splice the outer two wires of the drivers side coil pack to the passenger side pack (make sure to trace back to be sure to splice the right wires, IE the left wire on the connector goes to the left wire of the other connector, and right to right) and the tach will even work. To get it to work take the crank sensor off the Ranger engine with bracket, take the front seal housing off and make a template for the 3 holes needed for the crank sensor, transfer to the new block and drill/tap to 6mm, use a shouldered bolt and cut the head off then loctite in place for the one stud, the front seal housing you will have to notch one hole, but otherwise will bolt up.

Use the Ranger oil pan, it'll bolt right up.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
CTswampyankee

Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Model: Ranger long bed
I use this vehicle for: Mud bogs/drags
CTswampyankee is on a distinguished road

Thanx that’s good to know. I’ll have to just compair the wiring 91-94. I’ve had bad luck with the stock ranger 5 speeds. That and my parts car has a hyd clutch t5. For now I would rather have the t5 so I could bring to the track lot easier. But if I get bored may go back to the ranger tranny with a 4x4 swap.