Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Special Interest Vehicle Use > Towing

Towing For questions about towing or to show off your tow rig.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #11
kevinsranger

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGER SUPER CAB
kevinsranger will become famous soon enoughkevinsranger will become famous soon enough

did you just say borla headers and throttle body pm me if they are in your way
kevinsranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

Vehicle Year: 94,94,95,01
Vehicle Make: All 10 are Ford
Vehicle Model: Ex, Cobra, Ex, Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Going places.
snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsranger View Post
did you just say borla headers and throttle body pm me if they are in your way
Yes I said Borla stainless steel headers.

The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" is just two damn high.
snoranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
racsan

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger s/c
I use this vehicle for: gitten' it done!
racsan has a spectacular aura aboutracsan has a spectacular aura aboutracsan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to racsan Send a message via AIM to racsan Send a message via Yahoo to racsan

put on a surge-brake coupler to the tounge & you could plumb it to the "old" stock truck brakes! not sure that youd need trailer braks on a ranger bed trailer, but all you really would need is the surge-brake coupler & some hard line. welds look good, hard to beat a stick welder for penetration!
racsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
superds

Vehicle Year: 1984 2013
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: BII F150
I use this vehicle for: driving
superds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to behold

Hmm...how about the Cobra wheels? I've been looking for a deal on an OE set for my 99, apparently the PO misplaced them :(
Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superds View Post
Hmm...how about the Cobra wheels? I've been looking for a deal on an OE set for my 99, apparently the PO misplaced them :(
I've got 6 of them and need to pick up 1 more. 4 for my '95, 2 for the trailer, and 1 for a spare.

I wont be able to do anything on the trailer till the weekend. My wife is away on a business trip and I have to watch the kid after work all week.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:03 AM   #16
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

I made up a waterproof junction/fuse block to adapt the factory tail light wiring to the new trailer wiring.

Its a waterproof electrical box and fittings from Lowes and a fuse block I found on ebay. Simple, cheap, effective.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
superds

Vehicle Year: 1984 2013
Vehicle Model: BII F150
I use this vehicle for: driving
superds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to beholdsuperds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoranger View Post
I've got 6 of them and need to pick up 1 more. 4 for my '95, 2 for the trailer, and 1 for a spare.

I wont be able to do anything on the trailer till the weekend. My wife is away on a business trip and I have to watch the kid after work all week.
Are you going to keep the low-pro tires on the trailer? That will be quite the unique trailer then, especially with awesome 17" wheels, far nicer than the trailer wheels most people run.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superds View Post
Are you going to keep the low-pro tires on the trailer? That will be quite the unique trailer then, especially with awesome 17" wheels, far nicer than the trailer wheels most people run.
Good question. Here's my options as far as rims:

'99 Cobra wheels... 17x8....I've got 6 of them.

'03-04 Cobras...17x9...Only 4 of them.

'94-95 Cobra wheels...17x8... 4 of them.

'95 Explorer wheels...15x?7.5?... 8 or 9 of them.

'94 Ex Limited wheels...15x???.. 4 of them.

I'm not sure yet... I may be picking up an '03 Mounty that needs a motor or my uncles '01 ranger that needs brakelines. I know my uncles truck is in great shape, he takes care of his vehicles. The Mounty, not so much.

If I get the Ranger from my uncle, I'll lower it (I have a 4/5 drop for it) and pick up a matching bed. I'll lower the trailer and run the '99 Cobras with low-pros all around. (245/45ZR17s) This is my primary plan, I've always wanted a matching trailer for a lowered truck.

If I get the Mounty, I'll put the '03 Cobras on the Mounty and the '99 Cobras on my diesel Ex with the set of 32s I have. Then I'll have to put the "99 Cobras and 32s on the trailer.

Anyway, I'll have a set of Cobra wheels on here, I just dont know which ones yet!

Or throw a set of 35x14.5x15s on and match it to my '94 limited... or....oh hell, I have too many options.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #19
dankhimself

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: DD, disposing of money.
dankhimself is on a distinguished road

Throw a pto in your ranger and equal out the gear ratios so you have a powered trailer!! HAhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA!!! That thing is awesome dude, I should plop a bed on my little 3 row bike trailer.
dankhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
snoranger
Premium Member

Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankhimself View Post
Throw a pto in your ranger and equal out the gear ratios so you have a powered trailer!! HAhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA!!! That thing is awesome dude, I should plop a bed on my little 3 row bike trailer.
I actually thought about an offroad powered trailer, we even had a discussion about it over on Expedition portal.

I though about a dump bed. I have a set of load lever airbags that may go on in the future. I'm looking for a tongue box.

But for now, I'm just building a dirt cheap utility trailer. The truck was free (I already owned it.), the steel was free (got it from work.), the only money I have into it so far is:

Coupler...$14
landing gear and safety chains...$55 (Lowes gift card form Christmas...free)
Trailer and truck wiring and connectors... Free, from one of our customers.
Junction/fuse block...about $20

I'm building the tongue now, just had to get in the A/C for a few minutes. I forgot my camera, so no good pics yet. Let me see how bad they come out with my phone.

Last edited by snoranger; 05-26-2012 at 01:33 PM.