• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 Raptor Ranger!

r1ch999999

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Mustang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Pretty good description of a Lightning. Too much power, not enough traction. Even the factory 380 hp was too much for the tires. Mine is about 450, has JLP longbars (traction bars), a custom made panhard bar, and I run Nitto 555Rs in 305/45. Still smokes them anytime I just drop the hammer. I have to pussy foot it to get it going, then once moving, I can drop it and get a decent takeoff. Even then, sometimes it just lights them up.
Reminds me of a lightning I passed on the highway years ago, after me some DB in a Chevy passed him like he was winning a race. A second later all we saw were Ford taillights.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Reminds me of a lightning I passed on the highway years ago, after me some DB in a Chevy passed him like he was winning a race. A second later all we saw were Ford taillights.
That's about the way a Lightning is. As long as it's already rolling when you drop the hammer, you're good to go. Sitting still, expect smoke. Don't care what kind of sticky tires or suspension you have. But, do some weight relocation and elimination, and it helps. There's a few guys with no front bumper, battery, intercooler heat exchanger, intercooler reservoir and pump in the bed. Also running 15 inch rims and some serious drag racing tires. I guess it helps.

Drove a friends 454SS fitted with a Whipple blower some years ago, when I still lived in CA. Also had a switch on the dash to change the tune on the fly, along with the transmission shifting. Truly a bad-ass ride. He was selling it. I should have bought it.

Last edited:

r1ch999999

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Mustang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I just saw this on youtube, granted is from 2017 so who knows how different that Ranger is from ours, but it's a coyote in close to the same truck as the US Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals