• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sturgis Mustang Rally

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We were up there a couple of years ago when it was going on, couldn't figure out what the deal was with all of the Mustangs on the road from about every vintage as we came from Rapid City to Sturgis, and then we saw the rally going on and a corosponding poster at a gas station. It looked like quite a thing, but we were on a schedule and of course couldn't stop to check it out for sure.

Has anyone gone there? Worth it for a road trip? Any good campgrounds around there?

Well, the deal is now my brother has a 2011 Mustang GT on order, and the two of us have been talking about taking a nice road trip and breaking it in. The only real potential snag aside from him backing out on me is the car is due sometime this summer with no for sure date, anywhere between May and September. I haven't had a real vacation since the last time we were up here, so I am even willing to drive my F-150 in its place if I have to and just enjoy the show. I don't know how much gear will fit in a Mustang so we might need it as a support vehicle anyway (which would be a bummer, I would rather ride in the Mustang)

I love the country up there, right now I am proposing we find a place to camp for a couple nights (Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night) and take in the show and maybe site-see a little on Saturday, watch drag racing and hit the swap meet on Sunday and kill most of Friday and Monday driving there and back home (about 8hrs each way + setting up and breaking camp)

http://www.sturgismustangrally.com/sturgismustangrally.html

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals