• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Searching for 1990 ranger body kits!

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
Unfortunately most on here never had them. Back in the days when those kits were easy to find there were two main Ranger forums. This one and Ranger Power Sports. This forum was more offroad and work truck oriented, while RPS was more street scene oriented. Most of the people who would have had one of those body kits were over on RPS. Unfortunately when it disappeared, so did many of them.

I think that the last place I say that had any products like that listed was Andy's Auto Sport and that was a long time ago. The only other place I can think of that might have something like that listed is CARiD, they have kind of become the itnernet version of what JCWhittney was back in the 80s & 90s.
If this site is all about off-road truck adventures, why is everybody so worked up about my trailer flying into the woods?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If this site is all about off-road truck adventures, why is everybody so worked up about my trailer flying into the woods?
We aren't worried about your trailer flying into the woods, though we would hate to see your hard work end up that way.

What we are worried about is, when the trailer seperates from your truck, what is between it and the woods? What else might it encounter enroute to the woods?

Also if you are so luckly that it misses everything on the way to the "woods", the woods isn't always the woods. It could be a lake or swamp, my F-100 actually rescued someone's trailer from a swamp 30 or so years ago. Drove in, hooked up, drove out. It could just as easily be a busy shopping center or playground. Point is trailer couplers already have the potential to fail and separate, why increase that potential by using the coupler outside of design parameters.

Please, lets keep that discussion to your thread and not mess this guy's thread up with it. Or better yet, lets just drop it altogether since you've decided you wouldn't take the advice anyway. I already moved on in your thread when you made that obvious.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Well, some of us live in the woods.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals