• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco II - Ranger -- Dash Instrument Cluster Lamp Sockets - Anyone know where these can be purchased?

kramer2400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I am in the midst of a dash cluster rebuild and have noticed that I am missing several of the smaller gray lamp sockets. I have all of the larger black sockets, but these are the tiny gray ones that house the check engine, seatbelt, emissions, etc.

Does anyone know the size of the small gray ones or part code? Lamp size?

The vehicle is a 1986 Bronco II, so Bronco and Ranger parts from 83 - 88 will be compatible.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I highly doubt they are available

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The sockets that have contact tabs to the printed circuit board (i.e.- no wires) are available. RockAuto:

88 inst clust socket RA 20230322.JPG

Is that what you're needing?

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am in the midst of a dash cluster rebuild and have noticed that I am missing several of the smaller gray lamp sockets. I have all of the larger black sockets, but these are the tiny gray ones that house the check engine, seatbelt, emissions, etc.

Does anyone know the size of the small gray ones or part code? Lamp size?

The vehicle is a 1986 Bronco II, so Bronco and Ranger parts from 83 - 88 will be compatible.
I go to pick and pull and buy whole clusters. The needles also brake and need to be replaced. I am in the process of rebuilding one. I ordered the white gauge overlays and led bulbs.

kramer2400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I go to pick and pull and buy whole clusters. The needles also brake and need to be replaced. I am in the process of rebuilding one. I ordered the white gauge overlays and led bulbs.
I think a pick and pull is what I am going to have to do. The larger instrument light sockets are widely available, but the much smaller gray sockets for the indicator lights are nowhere to be found. Thank you!

kramer2400

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
The sockets that have contact tabs to the printed circuit board (i.e.- no wires) are available. RockAuto:

View attachment 90394

Is that what you're needing?
This is the correct socket for the larger instrument panel bulb, but I am looking for the smaller size used to mount the tiny check engine, seatbelt, oil, etc. lights. They are about 1/4 the size of the larger and seemingly impossible to find without going to a junk yard and pulling an entire cluster.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I got a cluster before the prices skyrocketed, along with extra bulbs and fuses, I cleaned up on them before they got sky high too. Bolts too, they said anything laying on the ground was free.

I bought some grade 8 nuts and washers a few days ago and they were charging $10 a pound

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This is the correct socket for the larger instrument panel bulb, but I am looking for the smaller size used to mount the tiny check engine, seatbelt, oil, etc. lights. They are about 1/4 the size of the larger and seemingly impossible to find without going to a junk yard and pulling an entire cluster.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404127313548. This link has the 74 bulb in the socket.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals