• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SOLD! BBK 56mm Throttle Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

99XLT3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I bought this to install on my modded 3.0 V6 Ranger.....never got around to installing it before I sold my '99 Ranger

Brand New 56MM BBK Throttle Body #1548
(for 3.8L V6 Mustang but it works on the 3.0L V6 Ranger)

$150.00 plus shipping
Continental US only

Last edited:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What size is the stock throttle body? Mine is a 98 3.0. I'm thinking about it. I know they don't make a huge difference, but on my 94 Lightning and 07 Mustang, when I changed them, I noticed a difference, mainly off idle throttle response is better than it was before.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
What size is the stock throttle body? Mine is a 98 3.0. I'm thinking about it. I know they don't make a huge difference, but on my 94 Lightning and 07 Mustang, when I changed them, I noticed a difference, mainly off idle throttle response is better than it was before.
There's a very simple explanation for that...
A larger throttle body allows more air at a smaller opening. It's not creating any increased power whatsoever, you've simply reduced your ability to modulate that throttle opening because a smaller angle opening creates a significant reduction in restriction. In effect, the -smallest- throttle body that doesn't create a vacuum at WOT is the most desirable for controllable throttle (going too large creates an on/off effect).

99XLT3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
IIRC....OEM TB is 50mm

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like off idle throttle response. A lot. So OP, I'm going to go ahead and take this off your hands. I'll send you a pm with my phone number, so we can swap texts. I have to go to work soon. My phone is not a smart phone, old flip phone. So I won't be able to do a paypal once I leave. If that happens, I'll get the money to you tomorrow. We're currently working 10 hour days, I get off work at 0130. Sleep til 11 am. But, if we start communicating soon, I'll get the dough to you before I leave.

My Lightning, much bigger single blade throttle body, such a pure joy to drive due to the much improved off idle throttle response. The Mustang, since it doesn't have a cable, may be due to the new servo motor being better than the old one, or the new TPS. Can't say for certain, but it sure is better driving now than it was before.

Last edited:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I like off idle throttle response. A lot. So OP, I'm going to go ahead and take this off your hands. I'll send you a pm with my phone number, so we can swap texts. I have to go to work soon. My phone is not a smart phone, old flip phone. So I won't be able to do a paypal once I leave. If that happens, I'll get the money to you tomorrow. We're currently working 10 hour days, I get off work at 0130. Sleep til 11 am. But, if we start communicating soon, I'll get the dough to you before I leave.
Let us know about the results when you get it installed

99XLT3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
SOLD!.....
and shipped.

Last edited:

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for shipping that so fast.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got it installed today. Fit like a glove, TPS and IAC fit right on it and it fit the manifold perfectly, even though it's for a 94 - 98 3.8 V6 (GM?) The throttle arm wasn't right, but I was able to make it work. I can tell the difference, throttle response off idle is much better, as is throttle response in general. It was worth the money. My old one is pretty ugly and sticks badly at idle. That's all gone now.

99XLT3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Excellent!
I'm glad you like it.
IIRC, it was listed for a '94 - '98 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6.

Now you need those 1.8 ratio Aluminum Roller Rockers...:D

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, I had to modify the throttle arm for it to work. The place on the arm for the barrel on the end of the cable is not located correctly. I drilled a hole in the inner section of the arm for the barrel to fit into at the end of the slot where the cable rides. And a strategically placed small tie-wrap keeps it in place. Works fine.

Not wanting to tear into the engine, nor mess with headers. Headers always result in busted studs and is just something i don't want to mess with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals