• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.5L ('98-'01) Am just here to bitch and whine....(humor)....

Cowboy Jim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
As is customary with my kinda luck....."With the kind of luck I have, if it were raining pussy, I would still get hit with a dick".......In the process of replacing the water pump, the 2 threaded bolt holes for the lower pipe coming from the water pump just had to strip. So, pulled bracket back off, drilled and tapped to next larger size, got 2 bolts and put that all back on. Crisis averted. Go to put the rest of the wiring and such on, and of course the plug that goes to the temp sensor just had to break. So, broke the remainder of the plug's plastic off, soldered up 2 wires to it with blade connectors on the end and got it all heat shrinked up proper. Crises averted. Fire the truck up to top off the water and the rear coil pack is dead. Took strong consideration to emptying my 45 into the engine bay but decided to come inside and cool off. Went back out 45 minutes later, fired the truck up, runs fine now. Seems my threat of the 45 worked! Crisis averted. Installed electric fan to get rid of the mechanical fan, installed thermal switch and all, ran as its supposed to. That scares me. Turn the heat on, and oh yeah, can cook meat on the dash now! Good and hot. Go to close the hood and notice the AC compressor isnt kicking on and off. Its just off. Ok feel better, my consistency of shit luck has returned. This makes perfect sense for the AC compressor to not come on for the fact that I never touched a damn thing on it to start with!! Glad I didnt change a tire! Prolly woulda blown a rod out of the block or something! Piss on it. Will save that for another day to solve. Its beer thirty. I need some chemically induced patience.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
I have those days myself. I take a step back and laugh at myself for letting it upset me. Have two brother. 🍺 🍺. They’re small.

I almost posted a thread this morning to bitch about bad drivers in the snow running me off the road.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Maybe use short wrenches so you can't apply too much force. :p

Glad to hear the truck is still with us and not full of holes. :headbang:

Cowboy Jim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, AC has me a bit stumped. Beginning to think I should go clean the windows on the truck or maybe change out my brake fluid. Has nothing at all to do with the AC so its bound to fix it, right? LOL. Anyway, If theres anyone here that would entertain the idea of a phone call on this to maybe help walk me thru this, feel free to private mssg me a phone number and maybe can talk my way thru this before I end up adding ANOTHER switch and more wire to solve this.

-Nate

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
My credo
Nothing is so difficult it cannot be overcome by brute force and ignorance =8-)
SUBSCRIBED to find out what happened .

Good call on the electric fan ! I hope you wired it live so it'll come on during the Summer heat soaks.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals