• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 ford ranger 3rd brake light gasket???

poomero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone have a link to a gasket or a led light with a gasket that they trust and have used?

mine is leaking

86_FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FX4 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
It's not fancy at all but I used a cheap 18$ light from amazon, in "smoke" color. I like the look, I'm sure you can shop around and find something nicer or your style. It's been installed for 3 years now and hasn't leaked a drip. It comes with a neoprene gasket. I also ran a tiny bead of clear 100% silicone from the hardware store around it just for security. FYI, if you get the same exact model as mine with the side white leds you will have to run a wire because our trucks dont have reverse lights on the 3rd brake light as far as I know, maybe some models? I used mine as bed lights..... not very bright tho. More for ambient light when camping or something.

Do be sure it's not your rear window though. The only reason I replaced mine originally was chasing a dampness in my headliner. It ended up being the rear window seal and the water wicking up the headliner. I recently pulled the light off to check for any leaks when replacing my rear window seal and it was still bone dry, after 3 years.

Cheapy amazon LED light with seal

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals