• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 3.0 to 1.9 TDI

Boost Bucket

Reaction score
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Welcome to my TDI thread!
I have worked on a number of Rangers over the years as a hobby, but I've also done some VW work occasionally. The truck I turned my first wrench on is a 1994 B3000 that I still daily. I'm currently in progress on an Ecoboost build but I had to go with a 5 inch lift to make engine bay space and I'm going to end up building a service bed for it. I've been on the lookout then to start a second build for a low tech daily with excellent gas mileage and full bed use. I bought a busted 2010 2.0 TDI to use for the swap, but it ended up being the nicest car I've ever owned and couldn't go through with tearing it apart. I've seen a few great threads on here with the 1.9 ALH and decided for this one to go tried and true.

I figure maybe I'll save some gas money with this build and some day save up for an electric swap when they become affordable.

I found a same year, same engine, same color Ranger to match my first build and decided it was a sign to get started.
1692230128233.jpeg

After some searching I was able to find a gentleman with a perfect swap kit that ties it all together. The truck, engine, and harness are all going to need some serious time put in on them but I hope to follow in the footsteps of the ALH swappers before me.

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried a whole engine before but I got fed up with moving heavy stuff around in the gravel with an engine crane and finally bought a Harbor Freight cart. I didn't know if it would do the job but it was a champ.

1692231793463.jpeg

I'm very thankful I was able to get a full harness, cluster, gas pedal, and other items with this but it is certainly a mess. I'll figure it all out later but I'm excited to have a good foundation when I get around to it!
1692232438679.jpeg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals