• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. got a FI 2.3l that i want to drop in a carb rig

The engine was given too me, just had to pull it before the rest was taken away. it worked once upon a time but the distributor, engine harness, computer and most of the interior was taken out. I read that the lower intake is usable with a carb adapter, and the distributor can be used but it...
  2. Heater Wiring Diagram

I cant find online, or anywhere on this site, a wiring diagram for the heater in my 1985 Ranger. Though it shouldnt matter ill add my specs. No A/C, No P/S, No power brakes, 2.3l fuel injected I am just trying to figure out what some of the connectors that aernt plugged in go to. thanks Dustin
  3. 85 2.3l FI timing confusion

I was running a timing light on my pickup and found that it's base time was something around 20 degrees of advance, but when i would throttle it, it would pull timing out, and the more and harder i rev the engine the more it would pull to the point that it would have maybe 2 degrees of advance...
  4. Electric fan installation

Does anyone know at what temperature the coolant temperature switch is activated? If it is not too hot when it switches on, I would like to hook my electric fan relay to it, instead of turning on whenever the truck is on. I made a single relay harness and wiring for an electric fan I put into...
  5. 1985 Ranger Wiring Harness Fried

I had an electrical short in the engine bay of my truck, I found at least 2 wires that got totally fried. I was able to disconnect the battery before it burned to the ground or anything got too badly damaged, but I need to go through an fix the wires I found to be burned and any others that...
  6. purple/white wire smoked out

After my truck had been sitting a couple months i went out and started it just to have said wire smoke itself right out of the sheathing. I have been looking online and at wiring diagrams and cannot seem to find any reference to this wire. the truck is an 85 2wd 5speed ranger thanks Dustin
  7. 85 2.3l Just died... Engine ideas?

The other day, my truck got a nasty misfire, I checked plugs coil etc... and it didnt get better. The truck died the next day, just shut off. Since I have it out of commission i decided that i would go through the entire fuel system, engine, electrical, brakes, and engine management. I...
  8. 85 2.3 2we want to add power steering

I got a power steering box, but no pump. Any reason why a pump made for another rig wouldn't work? I got lists of various car parts around and was just wondering what kind of issues there may be other than getting th right pully
  9. 85' Ranger 2.3l overhaul

I am slowly fixing and restoring/upgrading parts on my used little pick-up. Looking for parts and wanted to know of any sources anyone here has found to be reputable, and reasonably priced. I got it running good, new exhaust (92 header/2.25" pipe), o2 sensor, fuel injectors, tps, coolant...
  10. fuel injector fitment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DELPHI-FUEL-INJECTOR-FJ10025-FOR-OLDSMOBILE-BUICK-CHEVROLET-PONTIAC-93-95-/360897010822?hash=item5407235c86&vxp=mtr these would fit on my 85 2.3 ranger right? -Dustin
  11. 85' 2.3 emissions ports?

The stock cast manifold broke in half while i was replace the exhaust system; I found a steel tube header on a 93', I made a plate from sheet metal to block the smog pump holes that run underneath each of the exhaust ports to the atmosphere; it seemed to work, but now i get the feeling that...
  12. Delco-Remy retrofit; 1st gen 2.3l

found out that the alternator and voltage regulator were both bad. Since I had a 120amp GM alternator sitting in my collection and I decided a long time ago that one of the things that General Motors got right was their alternator design. Being a 1-wire capable unit i could have just hooked up...
  13. toyo kogyo transmission transfer case?

i have a 2wd only toyo kogyo transmission and I was just wondering if there is a transfer case that would bolt onto it, or will i need a new transmission? The transmission as it sits works just fine now, and would like to keep it if possible. thanks Dustin
  14. Hi, name's Dustin

I joined cause I'm an off road enthusiast, and am currently helping a friend of mine complete a duraspark conversion and carb swap on his 84 ranger.. Got an Autolite 2100 carb free (in good shape so I'm throwing a rebuild through it) Also got an old distributor off an 85 ranger (TFI I know), it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad