• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. quick questions

i need help. i wanted to build a 302 ranger this fall, but i need to know sum info. what year did they start putting computers in the rangers? what year is the last year for carbs? i was seeking a 2wd with carb and an auto. ill take any advice thanks
  2. firebird

well for the third and last time i got to fix this tranny leak. it has a new gasket on it but still leaks. any info that you guys got? torque specs? or pattern? or whats the best way to do it? thanks
  3. beefed up lawn mowers

my cuz was tellin me about these lawn mowers with v6 and v8 engines. i just wanted to know how? i can figure out how the tranny would line up does anyone have any info on this? i know of one guy who goes to shows with a v8 but since thinking of this i wanted to build my own if its possible
  4. motor mounts needed

well i want to put a 331 stroker in a ranger, but i dont know where to get engine mounts. yes i went to the tech library, but i could only find them on james duff and they were for a 83-85 ranger i want to have more choices than that where can i get mounts for older 2wd rangers from like 83...
  5. 331 swap

i'm planing on a 331 stroker engine build:icon_bounceblue:. i was going to put it in an old 80 sumthing, 2wd, automatic ranger. i read the tech form on engine mounts but i got a bit confused.:icon_confused: some of them need to be drilled for the 2wd. and there are different kinds, so what do i...
  6. what will it take?

i want to put a 331 ci that my dad has (needs assembled) into an older ranger. i was thinking like 86 or 85, some year around there. im not a major mechanic :icon_confused: and neither is he but i love to make toys, and he knows people. so will it fit up right? and will it be fast? i would...
  7. wanted quad

i was going to put this in the wanted to buy but i figured it was for rangers only. i was looking for a new racing quad. well not to race but to ride, anyway the smallest i will go is a 300ex. but i kinda want a 400ex i dont know all the brands buy it its in that engine size i will consider it...
  8. fricken jeep

my bud bought a jeep and yesturday he asks me if i could help him swap a tranny. i said sure and he wants to do his head gasket to. ive got an engine hoist and everything, but how hard is it to do a tranny swap?
  9. new toy?

hey yall. i wanted a 300ex. my cuz had one and i liked it, it was fast enough and was easy to get on so i was going to buy one but should i go with the 400ex? then i thought of the banshee and polaris. i know honda has a good fourwheeler, but whats the thing to get kinda cheap?
  10. stupid auto hubs

today i got my truck stuck 2 times. ive used the 4x4 2 times before it seems like it wont kick in, it does but it makes a heck of a noise and keeps makin noise as i drive it and sometime it doesnt kick out any info about the hubs would be helpful. is a 94 ranger, do they run off vaccum? my...
  11. big boy toys

just wondering who has a snowmobile? we got 7 and 5 of em run. we have a el tigre 6000, polaris 440, john deer 440, pantera 5000, skidoo 340, panter 399 (dont work). skidoo 340 (parts) ive gotten 70mph on the polaris. what do yall drive? anyone got a nice one for sale (my dad likes the older...
  12. firebird tranny leak

i got a 86 firebird, it was a project car but we cant seem to get the tranny to quit leaking. we fixed it once and it didnt work so we did it again, and it still didnt work we believe its coming from the pan itself but after 2 gaskets it wont stop any ideas?
  13. how long?

well ive had my 94 ranger for about 8 months, but i want to know how long is it going to last? im looking for something now but id like to know when im going to need to get one. its a 94 with 123000 miles any guesses?
  14. tow package?

whats in a tow package. ive got a go kart trailer to pull andi used my 3.0 5 spd ranger for it. it did a good job and i want to use my f-150 but i wantto get a 5spd or auto ranger with a tow package to pull it but i dont know whats in a tow package
  15. whats better?

since ive been a member ive always wondered. what do yall think of the f-150? i have one and i love it, but i also love the ranger. both have good and bad qualities. given a choice if my f-150 has good heat id park the ranger for awhile (or seriously beef it up). but besides the facts of the...
  16. ranger types

well, what is the difference in all the differnt types of rangers? there is the xl, xlt, fx4, fx4 off road, off road, 4x4, and fx4 level 2. i know the 4x4. but from what i understand the fx4 has a lift kit and wider tires. and i right? and i believe the off road has heavier shocks or better...
  17. new idea

ok i got a 94 ranger. sweet truck but my dad was driving it and said it needed a 306 put in it. i said no, i wanted the mpg. but i was thinking what about buying a semi good ranger, maybe an older one, and putting a big engine in it. heres the problem: im not an engine guy i never knew of a 306...
  18. supercgarger

what do yall think of the electric superchargers like the ones on ebay? i was thinking of gettin one but i dont know if itll work or be woth it.
  19. chevys v4/v8

Ive heard of chevys new truck that runs on 4 cylinders and 8 cylinders They say when your pulling things you can make it a v8 but when your just driving it can be a v4 I cant figure out how that works. i thought something like just the injectors shut of to 4 of the cylinders, but i dont know...
  20. f-150 problems

i got a 1989 f-150 with a 302 v8.(the truck in my signature) It had a ruff life being a farm truck. It has some kind of problem we cant fix. It acts like the coke is stuck on the carb, one of those problems. But its fuel injected. Hard to explain, but sometimes it just wont start and ill crank...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad