• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Redranger89

Body Lift Help

I am at the step to bend the brake lines. i got the cover and clamps off. it says to bend them to gain slack. i am not sure how to bend them. do you use your hands or a small pipe bender. i want to be careful so i dont break any. i am putting a 3" on a 98 ranger. thanks for the info.
  2. Redranger89

small grinding after shifting.

after i shift and press the gas a loud grind comes from the trans or t-case. happens sometimes also when going over bumps or turning. no problem with clutch or shifting. just when a load is applied. any help would be great.
  3. Redranger89

changing gears

how hard is it to change the gears in the front diff in a 98 ranger. I am very good working with gears and re gearing. i am new to the independent front that my truck has. what do i need to get to the diff. any help would be great. thanks.
  4. Redranger89

Gears for tires

I have a 98 ranger with the 4" superlift and 3" pa body lift. i have 33's to put on and currently have 4.0, 8.8 and 3.73's. will i be ok with this set up until i get time and money to re-gear. i am planning on getting 35's and will gear to 4.56, but not for a while.
  5. Redranger89

T-bar crank with lift

I have a 4" superlift on my truck. The lift keeps the stock level for the torsion bars. This means the front end of my truck sits real low.(the arms and skid plate). If i would crank my bars a little would this help give my arms and skid plate underneath more ground clearance. thanks
  6. Redranger89

replace starter wires

I had found the my red wire to the starter was pinched flat between the block and the satrter. Then i noticed that my ground wire to the starter was broken off at the eyelet on the stud. that was wy my new batery was shorting every time i tried to connect it. and also how the old one drained. I...
  7. Redranger89

Battery problem

I went to start my truck like 5 hours after using it and it was dead. i tried to jump it with another vehical but still no juice. I went to advanced to get a new battery and when i got it back i put it in and sparks flew and it smoked like crazy. I put the positive on then put the negative on...
  8. Redranger89

98 front

I was wondering since i am new to the independent front suspension what is in the front to drive the front wheels. i am sure it is some kind of Differential but how is it classified? and how exactly does it work. I want to put 4.56 gears in do i need to do my front also to stop any damage to my...
  9. Redranger89

gears for tires?

I have a 4'' susp. lift and i am getting a 3'' body lift. i want to get 35x12.50's. i currently have 3.73 gears. am i ok to stay with those or should i go to 4.10's. and also those tires will be ok on 15x8 wheels right?
  10. Redranger89

Rear brake problem

On my 98 ranger i have been having a problem with my brakes. when i put the E brake on then try to release it the brakes stay engauged. It takes a while for them to release. it rolls back fine but when you try to move forward it sticks. I have tried to roll in reverse and slam on the brake to...
  11. Redranger89

More lift options?

I have a 4" superlift kit on my 98 ranger splash. i was wondering if there is any way to get it up some more. i know that there are body lifts out there but i dont have the time or money to get a kit like that now. i do plan on getting one though. i just want another inch or two.
  12. Redranger89

take down headliner

I was wondering how hard it is to remove the headliner and surrounding peices. i am going to install cab lights on my roof and will need to drill and wire them, so i need to get to the metal frame. i was wondering how hard of a job it is to remove all that to get to the frame. thanks joe
  13. Redranger89

98' hunbs

Has anyone Permanently Locked Your '98-'00 Vacuum Operated Hubs. I was concidering doing this because i dont have the funds to get manual locking hubs yet. I was wondering if anyone had any problems or troubles with doin this. I drive about 300 miles to get to my school 1 way and i dont know if...
  14. Redranger89

Body Lift question

I am thinking of installing a 3" body lift on my 98' Ranger Splash. I was wondering how hard it is to install it yourself. Or how much it would be at a 4x4 shop. I am good at vehical work but never have done something like this before. I know that there are alot of steps and things to do. If...
  15. Redranger89

Ranger Marker Lights

I am going to install the 5 marker lights on my 98 ranger slash. I am real excited to see the out come. I am very sure that it will turn out to be nice looking. But i have never done something like that before.i am not a stranger to vehical work and do most everything to my truck myself. I was...
  16. Redranger89

Throttle body spacers

I am looking to get a throttle body spacer for my 98 ranger. I was wondering if anyone new which ones are better than the next. I also adding a cold air intake system.
  17. Redranger89

Rear Brake Size

I am wondering where i can find the size of my rear drum brakes. I need new brake shoes and i was asked if it was a 10" or a 9". I have a 98' ranger with the 8.8 axel in it. I am thinking it is the 10" but i am not sure. thanks fo the help.
  18. Redranger89

Ford 8.8 Question.

When i went to replace my rear axel fluid after i removed my cover i noticed a skinny gear next to the ring gear. i have never seen that before in a rear end. I was wondering what it was used for.
  19. Redranger89

'98 hubs

I have a 1998 ford ranger. i had been up at the mountains for deer huntin and had snow the whole time. This was the first time i had used the 4wd for a long period of time.(all week). I noticed that the front wheels kept disengaging. It was really pissing me off having to switch it back into 4wd...
  20. Redranger89

Tire sizes

I have a 1998 flareside rander. i have the 4" superlift kit on it. I was wondering what are my options for larger tires. i have 31/10.50's now. would 33/12.50's rub when turning. has anyone else experimented with this. thanks joe

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad