• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. np208-205 ??

gonna be putting a 408 in my bronco11. will a np208 stand up to it?? 35" tire's and motor will be pretty hot dont know exactly what gears yet. i've been searching for good info but mostly all ive found is it's the greatest tranfer case ever or i wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. can get my...
  2. steering box question

what steering box can i switch into a 87 ranger to give me maximum clearance under the hood. planning a 460 swap and want all the room I can get. truck will not be road driven mud bogging only. thanks in advance for any replies.
  3. what will happen

what will happen if I take the vacuum disconnect off of a jeep wagoneer dana 44 and plug the hole? locked in 4wd or out? will it cause any other problems? going on competition mud truck.
  4. p1747 p0743 p0750 p0755 p0760

Was pulling a relativley heavy load thru planted pines when transmission went out. Still have reverse, 2nd and 3rd, no overdrive, od light not blinking and must shift 2-3, 3-2 manually. was pulling load in 4lo. Truck is a 99 ranger 3.0 with what I'm assuming is a 4r44e transmission.Wouldn't all...
  5. 351/393 no compression on #2and 3 cylinders

will a blown head gasket give me 0 compression if it's blown between these two cylinders?? I pulled the plugs and held my finger over the hole and turned it over and can feel the pistons pumping but get no compression. Pulled the valve cover and the valves are moving fine.
  6. muddin fun

anybody with nothing to do this weekend should consider coming to Yemassee S.C. Sept,20 09. It's the Shrimp Festival Mud Run and man it is a blast. Bring your truck and find out what it's made of. Check it out:www.yemasseemudrun.com :beer:
  7. what transfer case

what transfer case was normally behind a c6 trans (??? year) and will it bolt to a c4??? I've heard that all ford transfer case bolt patterns are the same. While I could maybe have someones attention I got another question: what is the gear ratio in a 1354 electric t/c out of a 91 Explorer...
  8. steering wheel boogy woogy

when i did my 302 conversion like an idiot i took my ps pump off and looped the lines on the steering box. in a mud bog last weekend i couldn't control the truck so decided to put a pump back on. old pump went to salvage yard when scrap prices were up. went to the junk yard and got pump and...
  9. how strong motor mounts

will 2.9 mounts hold a 393
  10. rod trouble

bought 393w crank,using stock rods and 302 pistons,had crank balanced. installed right bank and everything looked good,tried to install #1 piston and both rods won't fit on journal. what would be my next best course of action? should i try to machine down the sides of the rods? anybody got any...
  11. crankshaft ???

I'm stroking a 351w (84) to 393 to put in a b2. I'm kind of having a hard time finding a 1 piece seal crank with the 3.85 stroke that I need. 2 piece seal cranks are plentiful but my block won't accept that. If anybody can help, thanks.By the way I would like to go cast steel.When did Ford...
  12. steering dilema

anybody got any ideas on how to mount inverted (thru hood) headers on a bronco II with a 351w in it ???? I don't have the motor in yet but the steering collum is almost gauranteed to be a problem
  13. 302 to 351

I did a 302 into a bronco II swap and liked it so much i'm going 351.with the 302 i used regular exhaust manifolds and ground them out some and didn't have any problems with steering clearance. with the 351 i'm planning to run inverted headers thru the hood. can I look to be as lucky with that...
  14. d35 swap question

i got my d35 in and everything bolted down but when i put the truck down the toe on the passenger side is wwwwaaaayyyy in.the steering wheel is straight and the driver side tire looks good but the other side is,well you know.i dont know if i'll have enough adjustment to get it right. anybody had...
  15. 86 bronco II d35 swap

when I do my swap with a d35 from a 91 explorer will the radius arms from the explorer work or do I need to keep the d28 arms? and will the arms need to be kept loose and adjusted along the way or what? better yet does anybody know where I can find a step by step plan for this swap?
  16. measure twice weld once

i'm swapping a 7.5 for a 8.8 on a b2 and have a ???. the tech section says that a 7.5's spring perches are 39'' apart o/c. anyway i measure mine it comes up 40.5''. did b2's come with dana 35 rears or i'm i missing something??a quick reply would be helpful as the welding shop has my rear and is...
  17. cam vs timing

the ford guy at the dealership in my home town said that on a 302 stock motor,timing should be set at 12* it's a 1978 ltd motor.i have basically rebuilt the motor from the pan up.the cam that went in has 231 duration at .050,110 lobe separation and .512 valve lift int/ex. and at 12* it's a dog...
  18. dana 35 spindle nut difference

some of the spindle nut kits I've seen have different gear ratios listed. What does the ratio have to do with the spindle nut,aren't they all the same? I'm converting to manual hubs.
  19. c4 tail housing

will the tail housing from behind a a4ld from a 92 explorer bolt to a c4? i swapped in a c4 with a c5 tail shaft and housing into a b2. i bought the explorer as a parts truck and dont have any use for the transmission but would like to salvage any parts that could possibly be used in the future.
  20. electric 1354

what has to happen for me to remove the shift motor and lock it in 4hi? is there a hole behind the motor that i should seal and will removeing it cause it to jump out when i punch the gas. also the vibration dampers-will it screw up anything if i take them off or is it better to leave them on.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad