• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 85rx7_93ranger

oil pump gasket..does it exist?

im rebuilding my 2.9 and reusing my old oil pump that i rebuilt..i baught a complete felpro engine gasket set but it does not have a oil pump to block mounting gasket..i work at oreillys and have searched everywhere for a gasket and cannot come up with one. my last resort is to check the ford...
  2. 85rx7_93ranger

2.9 deck height issues

im putting a 2.9 back together with the original bearings and im having issues with deck height...my pistons are out of the whole .022" at tdc. anyone have any ideas? what should factory deck height be with this block? btw i know nothign about this motor and dont have the original head gaskets...
  3. 85rx7_93ranger

85 front clip on 90 BII?

hey guys i just bought an 85 BII for 300$ haha its a good deal the body is in great shape and i want to convert my 90 front end with 85 front fenders and grille..has anyone tried this yet? how does everything fit? thanks
  4. 85rx7_93ranger

Cant get distributer back in!!!! Help

ok so i took my dizzy out and i have spend 2 freaking hours now trying to get it back in with teh rotor at #1................its going in tooo hard. it doesnt seem to line up and slide all the way in unless its pointed at #5 it seems to be 180 off which i dont want.. ive tried turnign the oil...
  5. 85rx7_93ranger

cant find timing mark...please help asap

i cant seem to find the timing mark on the block in a 90 BII 2.9 i see the marks on the pulley but not the block, ive cleaned it off with a wire wheel and still cant see anything... im finishing my truck tomorrow so i NEEd help and pictures would be great because i just CANT find teh damn thing...
  6. 85rx7_93ranger

coolant issue...cracked head?

1990 b2 2.9 manual tranny here are my symptoms. poor heat(about 89degrees from vent) temp gauge is all over the place...it goes form "C" cold to the normal area and back and forth very erraticly(like an air bubble or bad thermostat) heater core makes gurgling noises soemtimes when heater is...
  7. 85rx7_93ranger

2" lift and 31's??

well i was plannign on getting a 4" lift but since the my funds are tied up in my spring break savings im not going to spend that much haha. from oreilly where i work i get a wicked discount on a 2" lift. for 150$ I get 2" blocks and u-bolts for the back and 2" coil spacers and bolt extensions...
  8. 85rx7_93ranger

welding auto hubs write up

ok guys ive done this on 3 different RBV's now and they have all worked great!! if you have the shitty auto hubs and they stopped working its almost 100% of the time a stripped out cam gear because ethey are plastic...WTF ford!:icon_twisted: so here are your options: 1. get new auto...
  9. 85rx7_93ranger

b2 starting

i was wondering if the fuel pumps were common to get weak or maybe the FPR because when this truck sits over night ill have to cycle the key a few times and it starts right up. otherwise it will act like there is not alot of fuel pressure and run shitty at low rpms for a few seconds
  10. 85rx7_93ranger

can u guys tell me about 2.9 v6's

hey guys im getting a 90 b2 with 2.9 v6 and 147,000 miles..ive had a 4.0 for a long time and it was good and always started in winters. what i want to know is first: i live in bemidji, minnesota so -40 degree winters are not uncommon...will this 2.9 fuel injected engine start every morning...
  11. 85rx7_93ranger

getting a 90 b2 tomorrow...excited!

hey guys i havent been on here for a long ass time but now im back and getting a b2 baby:thefinger: so tell me if this is a good deal... i currently have a 94 danger with 257,000 miles lol a 4.0 and m50d...unfortinatly the m5od is going out(chipped a few teeth off first and second and the...
  12. 85rx7_93ranger

cool lookin shifter knob

i got a sweet freakin idea tonight while i was cleaning out my garage i found a 50cc pit bike piston that would make the coolest shifter knob ever, its even curved to fit my palm perfectly.....im gonna do it up tonight then ill post a pic tomarrow...itll be sick!:headbang:
  13. 85rx7_93ranger

shifter hits cupholders...what has been done?

anyone ever notice the supercab 5 speed shifter/arm rest/centercounsel is a terrible freakin design?? if i have a pop can in eitehr of my cup holders it gets bashed by 2nd, 4th, and reverse gears.... i took the center counsel out once to try and move it back a inch or two but i couldnt do...
  14. 85rx7_93ranger

8.8 trac-lok rebuild....already searched..no answers

hey guys i just got my ford racing rebuild kit form jegs today to rebuild my 8.8 trac-lok and have searched everywhere for the info i want and cant find it(haynes, chiltons, TRS tech section) what i need to know is this... 1. the ring gear torque specs 2. thickness tollerance of packs 3. shim...
  15. 85rx7_93ranger

welding auto hubs

so ive had big problems with my auto hubs and i just plain hate them!! so i thought up an idea and it seems work great! just wonderin if anyone has done it before? i took apart the hub, welded the outer gear to the bottom side of the inner gear and slid it back into the hub, now the huub is...
  16. 85rx7_93ranger

what vehicles to get lockouts from??

im having huge problems with my auto hubs and want to get manuals tomorrow. what i need to know is first did dana 35 ttb 27spline rangers ever come with manual lockouts? also what other vehicles i could get a set of manual lockouts from? i was thinking an older jeep with the dana 35...
  17. 85rx7_93ranger

4x4 clunk, bang, please help!

my 93 has auto hubs and when i put it into 4x4 going 1-5 mph i get a loud clunk/snap noise and then the hubs start grinding(sounds like a air rachet) and it will keep clunking. so ive been messing with this problem for a while now i took the hubs off cleaned em and cheacked for broken parts, all...
  18. 85rx7_93ranger

chevy.....nuff said

haha this kid lives in my town and he thinks this truck is the shit....would ya look at the "flex" :icon_rofl::icon_rofl: i think my grandpas walker has more flex then that thing lol i found the picture quite comical and thought id share
  19. 85rx7_93ranger

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

wow your tag under your name should say "master fabricator" .....amazing.....you should have your own TV show
  20. 85rx7_93ranger

mossy oak headlinner

so the next thing i want to do is cover my headliner with either a mossy oak or some kind of cool checkered flag material i have some questions... 1. does anyone have a pic of this done? 2. is it better to (with spray adhesive) glue the material on top of the factory material, or to remove the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad