• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2002 Edge 4X4 wheel question

I looked at some older threads regarding this question, but want a few 2022 suggestions. I would like to get some new tires and thought, while I'm at it get some new 16" steel wheels. My question -finally- is can I use the steel wheels off of the Panther chassis and what years? I've looked at...
  2. Parting an old Ranger- what to keep?

I'm parting out/saving the good parts, but I don't want to overlook something that might be needed on my next Ranger. My current one is an '85 2.0 4X4 four speed. Keep everything not rusted would be my choice, but that's not going to be practical. Anything like one piece windows, vents...
  3. Carter YFA from a 300 six.

I'm looking at a "new" carb that fits the 300 six and I want to put it on my 2.0. The only difference I can see in the carb from the one on the 2.0 now is the feedback area. If I don't hook up the feedback, will I be able to use the carb? thanks, Stan
  4. Which carb is this?

It's on my '85 Ranger w/2.0. I think it's a Carter YFA, but would like to be sure as I plan on rebuilding it to (hopefully) solve some idle and drivability issues. thanks, Stan
  5. Rough idling 2.0

I have an '83 2.0 with a very rough idle. Jerky acceleration at low speeds too. The last time this happened I found a vacuum leak. Fixed it and then all was good. Until now. I don't see any leaky hoses. This is not the original engine and so has a few plugged hoses here and there. The vacuum...
  6. Rusty frames

First off, I did a search (for the last 1/2 hour) and found little on this subject. I found one thread where people mainly argued about whether a frame could or should even be welded on and then how to do it. My question is after finding some rust-through on my '83 frame between the rear shocks...
  7. Stock pictures

I've been looking for some stock photos of early Rangers all morning. Specifically I'm trying to see what my 1985 Ranger looked like off of the showroom floor (or more likely, sitting on the lot). It's a steel-wheeled 2.0 four speed 4x4 standard cab. Any help or direction is appreciated. I...
  8. '83 drivetrain in an '85 Ranger?

I got my "new" Ranger about a month ago. The guy selling it had it advertised as a 1983 Ranger, but when I took the title to have it put into my name it had 1985 on the title. I just figured the kid didn't know. Now I was reading 1985 Ranger had FI. This one doesn't. I'm thinking it might have...
  9. '94 Ranger vs. '97 Ranger parts

I'm looking a getting an automatic '97 Ranger for parts. What all can I use for my '95 5 speed Ranger? Does most of the computer stuff (especially the box on the manifold) exchange much? thanks, Stan
  10. Best place for testing coils:

http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112463 I guess I should have looked at the states in the NE.... thanks (and sorry for the double post).. Stan
  11. Best place to test coils near Dayton, O.?

Like the title says, where is the best place to go to test my coils (beyond what I've already done) near Dayton or Springfield? thanks.
  12. What to keep before scapping?

I"m getting ready to scrap a '94. Rear end is bad and it hit a pole in the front end. Motor unknown. It does have the 5 speed so I know that is a keeper and the bed is rust free, but has a mighty dent behind the passenger door. Besides any good lights, what are some things to pull off of this...
  13. Fairmont 4 speed.

Is it true the 4 speed behind a 2.3 in a Fairmont can be used in a Ranger? Any special attention or is this (hopefully) just a bolt up? thanks.
  14. Newb...

Just got signed up. I thought I had been here before (owned an '85 BII), but don't remember username/password if I was. Searching for a 4X4 Ranger at this time as I liked my BII, but want the utility of a smaller pickup having just sold my F150 4X4. Located in SW Ohio. Looking forward to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad