• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

James Duff or SkyJacker

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
If they changed the design some, then that's certainly good to hear (those pics are from around two years ago). Some more recent arms I've seen still shows a pretty narrow profile in that section of the arm though, which would still bother me.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i'd say a triangular gusset on that bottom side going between the angle and flat would do alot to help it....

l8r, John

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, so went ahead and purchased a skyjacker 4inch class II lift because I found a website that had a killer deal ($1650 with nitrogen shocks!).

First off I have to say installation was a BITCH! It turns out that 1984 bronco II's have a slightly different frame than later models and a completely different transmission crossmember design! This made installation of the long arms a lot more complicated than it should have been and was a real show stopper! It also didn't help that they sent me 2wd ranger class I instructions, but ironically the 4wd class II instructions weren't much better. Also, The original shackle bolts are too big for the skyjacker leaf spring bushings! As if that did not suck enough, I ended up two bolts short for the new radius arms!

Despite these pains, the end result definitely justified the means. 4 inches of lift, bushwacker flares and 35's look right.

I may try to post a picture later, but the only picture I have is on my phone.

For those who were wondering a 7.5 is not remotely close to being up to the task of handling 35's! I broke my rear ring gear only 9 days after the lift and tires, mind you this was with a wheezing 150,000 2.8l v6! It turns out a half-assed attempt at a low range burn out in a parking lot is enough to destroy a 7.5 with 35's! Time to go get those explorer axles.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Because doing burnouts in 4Low wouldn't have anything to
do with grenading a 7.5? Lol

In any case, max tire size on a 7.5 is 33's, and it's usually the spider
gears let go, then they fawk the ring and pinion.

I'd be more worried about that D28 up front.

But running 35's, swapping in any d35 or 8.8 would be more than just a "good idea".

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, I thought I would finally get around to posting some pictures since threads are worthless without pics!

Just after completion of the lift:

And doing a little testing:

So far the only place I am rubbing is on the radius arms, but I have yet to take it on a hard trail since the lift:icon_thumby:I did swap in an 8.8" rear from an Exploder, and a Dana 35 front is soon to follow.

By the way, those are Maxxis Bighorns on Procomp wheels if any body is wondering...

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Looks good, Nice clean BII you got there too.

Yeah a little rub on the radius arm isn't much to worry about, as long as your shoulder treads aren't actually hooking or catching hard on the arm (mine rub just a bit too).

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good, Nice clean BII you got there too.

Yeah a little rub on the radius arm isn't much to worry about, as long as your shoulder treads aren't actually hooking or catching hard on the arm (mine rub just a bit too).
Thanks! Yeah, the tread does catch pretty hard on the radius arms due to Skyjacker's new boxed steel plate arm design. Despite this I have learned to steer just shy of having my tires rub. I am hoping that the slightly wider track width of a Dana 35 will eliminate or at least alleviate the problem:icon_thumby:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hell, a B2 doesn't even need flex to wheel it. It's so short that all you need are lockers on both ends and nothing can stop it. Once you figure out why things break and then correct it, you can pretty much smash it through anything or over anything and as long as you don't care how it looks, it's the ultimate offroad vehicle. It's like a Jeep with an extra 1,000# of traction. Whenever I get something stuck in the field I first go after the B2.

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so if i am reading this right you are running 35's with just the 4 inch lift and fender trim?

also nice looking B2

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Can we get a pic of the radius arms? I'm curious to see this new boxed design you speak of. I have th tube style, can't say I've ever seen a box type design before from Skyjacker on their arms. Thanks

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
so if i am reading this right you are running 35's with just the 4 inch lift and fender trim?

also nice looking B2
You are correct:icon_thumby: Got to keep that center of gravity low!

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Can we get a pic of the radius arms? I'm curious to see this new boxed design you speak of. I have th tube style, can't say I've ever seen a box type design before from Skyjacker on their arms. Thanks
Yeah, I will try to get some pics for you. It totally threw me off when I first opened the packaging because I was expecting the tube style arms:D

'84 Bronco II

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here's some quick pictures I took this evening of Skyjackers new radius arm design, sorry about the mud, but I did not feel like washing my truck:D

Sorry for the humongous pictures, but I didn't feel like resizing them. Besides it helps you see the detail:thefinger:

Last edited by a moderator:

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I think I like my old style SJ arms alot better then that box. The Tubular ones seem like they would hold up better but most likely cost more to produce and cu ttoo far into profit margins.

legoms013

09/2013 OTOTM
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
All I can say is wow. I wonder why they would change such an already awesome design. I definetely like the way the shock mounts better, but not sure about the square design, its boring and has no flare or cool factor compared to the old ones. Strength wise I bet they are stronger but....I like the old style better.

When did you order these?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals