• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and now a science lesson... For every action

[/IMG]

There is an equal and opposite reaction

[/IMG]

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would test on something first just to be safe before taking such a chance, just to save time and money.
It will spray it just won't dry and will take forever between coats or it will have flow indicators.. (professional term for runs in paint)

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Since everyone seems to love the intake.. A shot with the BBK 66MM TB
The pics don't do the intake justice at all...
[/IMG]

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I bet if you got a few of those from the JY and did them the same way you could sell a few of them.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
multiranger, could you just get a faster drying reducer?

i went back to spraying dupont chromabase because i always found the metallics to flow more even than with the ppg dbu,

but when i spray dbu in the winter time. i use the drr1160 because you can spray that in temps as low as 50 degrees.

could you get something like that for your paint?? im not sure what your using.

btw, i dont know if you ever spray rust defender primer. but if you do, make sure to put enough hardener in the paint. and make sure to have the heat on.

or youll be like me and use 2 rolls of 80 grit paper to get it off!! :icon_twisted:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bet if you got a few of those from the JY and did them the same way you could sell a few of them.
It's too much work and takes too long.. It would take 600 plus bucks to make it worth it... well IMO

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
As nice as it is, its worth that kind of money.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
multiranger, could you just get a faster drying reducer?

i went back to spraying dupont chromabase because i always found the metallics to flow more even than with the ppg dbu,

but when i spray dbu in the winter time. i use the drr1160 because you can spray that in temps as low as 50 degrees.

could you get something like that for your paint?? im not sure what your using.

btw, i dont know if you ever spray rust defender primer. but if you do, make sure to put enough hardener in the paint. and make sure to have the heat on.

or youll be like me and use 2 rolls of 80 grit paper to get it off!! :icon_twisted:

I could use faster hardner and reducer but I had rather not spend the money since Christmas is just a few weeks away... I have some drying lamps so I may use them... I have never used Rust defender.. I don't think I have ever heard of it.. I'm not a painter anymore so "I am about 10 years behind on new paint technology... I know well about rolls of 80.. I put the wrong hardner in DP90 once... Good Times :icon_rofl:
My paint background is

First paint I ever sprayed was Dupont Centari enamel back in 85 with a Binks #7
Then Sikkens... I loved it but damn trying to buff it.. It got way too hard back then.
Got certified to spray PPG and in color adjustment.. DBC, DBU, DBC, and Global. I even sprayed RM for a while

After all those It all sprays the same to me now.. Just give me a Sata Jet or an Iowata gun and stand back... I really like the paint Napa sells I assume it is still Sherwin Williams paint..

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I could use faster hardner and reducer but I had rather not spend the money since Christmas is just a few weeks away... I have some drying lamps so I may use them... I have never used Rust defender.. I don't think I have ever heard of it.. I'm not a painter anymore so "I am about 10 years behind on new paint technology... I know well about rolls of 80.. I put the wrong hardner in DP90 once... Good Times :icon_rofl:
My paint background is

First paint I ever sprayed was Dupont Centari enamel back in 85 with a Binks #7
Then Sikkens... I loved it but damn trying to buff it.. It got way too hard back then.
Got certified to spray PPG and in color adjustment.. DBC, DBU, DBC, and Global. I even sprayed RM for a while

After all those It all sprays the same to me now.. Just give me a Sata Jet or an Iowata gun and stand back... I really like the paint Napa sells I assume it is still Sherwin Williams paint..
centari and a binks gun good times, good times.

if you want ahigh build primer that sand stupid easy. rust defender, or u-phol primer are the best ive ever used.

centari, nason, chromabase, imron. brings me back man.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and i use a top of the line devilbiss gun to spray.

my primer gun is a sata jet before they went to hvlp technology

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As nice as it is, its worth that kind of money.
I will do it for anyone that wants it done.. They can ship it to me and pay me on paypal or check or maybe trade something... Other than that its too much work with no guarantee to sell it. just to give an idea at the depth of some of the pits that have to be sanded out.. If you took a tooth pick and pushed it at an angle with your hand across the intake it would stop in the pit and stick your hand... plus all the tight spots that are hard to get to it's :bsflag:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
and i use a top of the line devilbiss gun to spray.

my primer gun is a sata jet before they went to hvlp technology
Devilbiss is a great spray gun.. Them guns have made me thousands of dollars over the years.. I'm not a fan of hvlp either.. I like high vol high pressure. Old Skool ways.. I use my old Binks gun for pimer.. Some primers are so high build now it could eliminate the bodyman.. :D

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Devilbiss is a great spray gun.. Them guns have made me thousands of dollars over the years.. I'm not a fan of hvlp either.. I like high vol high pressure. Old Skool ways.. I use my old Binks gun for pimer.. Some primers are so high build now it could eliminate the bodyman.. :D
ehh, watching half these shows nowadays. theres no replacement, for a couple gallons of bondo.

i just got done doing a 67 chevelle for the customer.

the car looked really good before i started it. it was marina blue, with a fresh vinyl top.

no joke, after i stripped the roof. i swept up all the bondo and put it in a bag. there was 10 pds of bondo just on the roof :icon_surprised:

i didnt bother to weight the rest of the car. i dont have a scale that big. :icon_surprised:

and the car had to be jet black. oh boy, lossa fun.:annoyed:

glad its done though.

and i only use the hvhp gun for primer. i love the hvlp for paint and clear coats.

saves me a ton of paint. and since half the time i dont use a resporator, it doesnt put off as much overspray.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals