• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 mustang

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Not bad.

I wish they would make the F series look like they did in 73-79. Id be in line for one tomorrow.

later,
Dustin

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
I heard a while ago Ford was experimenting with a V10 version based on the 4.6L dimensions (like the 5.4L V8 and 6.8L V10). Lately I heard a lot of good news from the new Boss 6.2L V8 built specifically to increase the displacement later (wider bore spacing and stout blocks). Supposedly we will see a DOHC version of it and it will encorperate the fuel savings cylinder shut off systems GM and others have done. But at any rate, a 5.0L "cammer" engine would be a perfect match. I wish Ford would up it a little more than 315hp. Thats kinda low compared to the competiters. I guess you could purchase a 427R and spank everyone (you know who you are!) but the base models need a little more than that.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think that "Boss" program for the trucks got pulled in July because of the way the economics were going. You can buy right out of the new FRPP catalog a 4.6 3V NA motor rated at 350 hp. As much as we would all like to see as much hp and great styling, in todays world it's all dictated by fuel economy, price of manufacturing (why there is only two body styles) and all the new government rules and regulations I think Chryler and Cheby are going to have a hard time making a go of it with their new, hot models. Too expensive, too heavy. Buy a new Mustang, slap a SC on it and you are right up with the HP of the "want-a-be's" with HP and weight 500-600 lbs less for $5000 less. I think the gas guzzler tax was about $3200 on mine and yet they don't tax trucks and SUV. It's snowing again so I'm rambling!
Dave

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Just startin to snow here. That is true, though. GM fans are all about the new camaro but I think it'll die out pretty quickly. Ford introduced the "retro-modern" mustang in 2005. GM and Chrysler are going to look like copy-cats trying to introduce something 3-4 years later during a time where most Americans aren't about to spend money toys.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i do like that new challenger tho, the charger is FUGLY with a capital R for REALLY FUGLY!

Rat City Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i do like that new challenger tho, the charger is FUGLY with a capital R for REALLY FUGLY!

Agreed, I've hated that Charger since day one.

The new Mustang isn't bad, the front end kind of resembles the new Camaro though.....

Orlando1701

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L I-4
Transmission
Manual
PUKE. freakin ford, they had screw up the first cool looking mustang since 1968. that car didn't need a redesign, needed power change.
Well as the 69' and 70' Mustang came after the 68' technicly the 68' wasn't the last cool mustang.

I like the ones that are out there now however you can only roll with the same design for so many years before you must change it up or risk it getting old. This isn't that bad, its kind of a step down from the current model but its still a good looking car.

Chappy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
i love it, now it just needs a 5.4L 4v sc engine and its good to go, or the 6.2 coming out in the raptor winter of 2010

FO44RD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 2001
Make / Model
FORD, PONTIAC,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i love it, now it just needs a 5.4L 4v sc engine and its good to go, or the 6.2 coming out in the raptor winter of 2010
I agree. Everyone I know thinks its a big improvement over the 05-09's, except for a few middle-aged guys.

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
I think it looks amazing.

hades

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Looks quite interesting. But yeah, somehow it resembles the camaro. I wonder what happened why it's like that...

1ATony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I like the 79-93 Fox-body Mustangs. IMO 94-01 stunk,then they started getting it right in 03.With the redesign in 05 it became a nice car again,I think.

fordktpjoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With the redesign in 05 it became a nice car again,I think.
I agree with this part. The '05 redesign was a beauty. This new design looks to me more like the old '04 and previous front nose. The tail is good looking though.

Sequential taillights? Big Deal....a buddy at work has them on his '06.

With the big three in the shape they are in, now is NOT the time to be going backwards with a design.

1ATony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure if I like the 2010 yet.I have't seen one yet,only in pictures.From 79-93 the Mustangs were small,now they've gained weight again LOL

stx4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
No freakin way is the 2010 a big improvement over the 05-09.The ass end of the car is horrible and reminds me of a mid 80s celica and with the GM style cowl induction hood you might as well call it a camaro.No one I know so far cares for the new design and not a one of them are middle aged.One sidenote though I went into Ford last fall after seeing the new design to order an 09 before they quit taking them and virtually everything I wanted could not be had for one rediculous reason or another.Believe it or not I could not get the wheels I wanted because of the interior I chose which was the premium option because of the glassroof I wanted and the wheels were 18in premium.You would think that wouldnt be a problem.I also wanted a car without power windows,door locks and a/c..All mandatory now the dealer told me.I said I want a musclecar not a lincoln..I also wanted the 3.73 axle that they put under the bullitt.Bullitt only they told me..I said that axle is right there on the assembly line,tell them to throw one under it,its not like anything special has to be done.They said not possible!So I walked!No way was I going to pay 34k for a car optioned the way ford wanted and not the way I wanted it.I did hear the 3.73 axle is now available on the 2010s along with the cold air induction system.Hopefully they come out with an aggressive design soon like the 09s had and not make us wait for 5 years.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals