• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

After market carb and header?

dukemartini

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have an '88 carburated 2.0 liter and i was wondering if anyone knows of any after market carbs and or headers for this engine. i used to have a 2.4 liter toyota pu and a weber carb and thorley header made it a totally different ride.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Hedmann used to make a long tube header.

No aftermarket drop on carbs, though a couple of guys have made adapters to fit other carbs.

In the long run your better off removing the 2.0 and swapping in a 2.3. If you can find a pre-'82 it'll have a better carb than you currently have.

dukemartini

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
In the long run your better off removing the 2.0 and swapping in a 2.3. If you can find a pre-'82 it'll have a better carb than you currently have.
out of curiosity on the pre 82 is the better carb found on the 2.3, or the2.0 and are they interchangeable. I know the block on mine is the same as the 2.3 block but i don't really know whats interchangeable between the motors.

i am having some carb issues with the 2.0, or maybe timing issues or both the yahoo i bought it from didn't know what was wrong. i'll have a better idea in the next couple weeks when i get a chance to do some wrenching on it.

ideally, rather than swap in a better gas motor, i'd like to dial in the one thats in there for now and eventually put in a diesel.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
out of curiosity on the pre 82 is the better carb found on the 2.3, or the2.0 and are they interchangeable. I know the block on mine is the same as the 2.3 block but i don't really know whats interchangeable between the motors.
There were no pre-'82 2.0 Lima motors, the first was '83. There were '71-'74 2.0 EAO sport motors but, you don't want one of those. Your block is similar but has a dramatically smaller bore and is useless for anything other than a paper weight. Well, maybe a small boat anchor. :shok:

i am having some carb issues with the 2.0, or maybe timing issues or both the yahoo i bought it from didn't know what was wrong. i'll have a better idea in the next couple weeks when i get a chance to do some wrenching on it.
Not surprising the carb on those were marginal when they were new. See your other thread for more info.

ideally, rather than swap in a better gas motor, i'd like to dial in the one thats in there for now and eventually put in a diesel.
Sounds like a good plan.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals