• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Okay, Now I've Gone Crazy!!!!

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Dude, you have been riding the Short Bus!!! The only Bronco I will ever buy again is an early Bronco 75-76. I had three of them and I had one of the next Gens ('79) that was a total waste of time. I bought it with low miles on it from the original owner. It cost me money every time I started it up and drove it anywhere. Stay away from that thing, Bro. Just want you to know it is not want you want.....money pit from Hell!!!! Just be careful!!!
I'm sure you have. I am sure since you have owned it and that you had problems with that vehicle that it is a crap vehicle. I swear, every other post I read from you is general BS.
Im with Ozzy.

Ur always telling those fantastic stories about u having all the trucks ppl get, or your 2 million buddies.
Thank God u didnt post unrelated pics.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
have a buyer for the one eye'd beast, $25 lol, plus the $50 he owes me for parts

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
awesome score dude!!! i love 78-78 broncos (i own 4, and a 76 f250) and they can be performers if you know what you are doing and give them a little love and some tlc...

my first recomendations are going to be fenderwell headers and a spreadbore carb, if you want to know the mpg number that i got out of my first truck i will pm you because i dont want to clog your thread with a whole bunch of ,"WHATEVER'S! BS! and the like...

just remember that 78-79's are shortened fullsize trucks, lots of parts will interchange...

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
awesome score dude!!! i love 78-78 broncos (i own 4, and a 76 f250) and they can be performers if you know what you are doing and give them a little love and some tlc...

my first recomendations are going to be fenderwell headers and a spreadbore carb, if you want to know the mpg number that i got out of my first truck i will pm you because i dont want to clog your thread with a whole bunch of ,"WHATEVER'S! BS! and the like...

just remember that 78-79's are shortened fullsize trucks, lots of parts will interchange...
PM the mpg, and yeah, the Bronco was a short F150 with a cap

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice score!!!! rare to find a truck like that

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wanna know the mileage that you got

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I will check today, if he has a compressor, I was going to fill the tires on it and pull it out with the f150

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Nice find. Good luck with it Kip. I had the truck version of it for about 4 years back in the late 80's. That was one of the best trucks I ever had and I always wanted the Bronco version of it. Yea it was a gas hog, but it was also a ton of fun. lots of work comming up for you, you up to it? Hope the mice didn't get into it to bad.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

pm me i wanna know too.

people are always saying they are getting around 8-10mpgs with their 78-79s stock but mine isnt bad at all, i havent calculated it but im sure its alot higher than 10mpg

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
as long as its better than out 2005 F150 getting 12 on a good day 0_0

FOR NOTE: I wanted to keep this truck stock, economical modifications (better gas mileage) will be considered though, but otherwise, stock.

Anybody have an extra set of headers?

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Oh! me likey! your going to have a lot of fun with that thing.:D
:headbang:70's full-size :headbang:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
So, drove over with my buddy eric, we tried for 45 minutes to get the tires filled, no luck.

Soon after we arrived, he gave us the title out of his pocket and we went to see the owner to get it signed over.

Well, we used his tractor to get it out, no luck either, so we used the F150 with 2 tow hooks and got it out in 4wd and reverse. Gonna do a temp. tire seap today or tomorrow and put it on a trailer and bring it over.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure you have. I am sure since you have owned it and that you had problems with that vehicle that it is a crap vehicle. I swear, every other post I read from you is general BS.
My post are all truth, Bro. I loved my old Fords!!! But when you buy something that is supposed to be a great make and it lets you down over and over and other people that even have said they had issues with them... to me that is saying something truthfull, Bro. I am just saying that when you do buy an older car or truck just be carefull and what to watch out for. I never had any issues with my early Broncos. They never let me down or any of my Jeeps. They have never let me down. None of my Ranger have ever let me down or my older Nissan trucks or my older Toyota trucks. Never. But, my 79 Bronco was a complete POS and it was a 1 owner truck and had very low miles onit when I bought it in 83. Like I said other people have own the same Gen Bronco 78-83 and had nothing but issues with them. Just being truthfull!!!

Blackdog455

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
140 4 banger
Transmission
Manual
I love the bronco. Any year from when it started til when it ended in '96. I drove a '96 bronco for the longest time...until i fell asleep at the wheel and totaled it...i miss i so much. :(

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
its sorta a family project, might still be getting an 85 Ranger to repair and make my own for this upcoming college year, and then getting an 88 for future reasons.

soooo.... Im getting a 79 Bronco, 85 Ranger, 88 Ranger, and own a 84 Ranger.... wow...

Total needed to be payed/has been payed: under $1000

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals