• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Old International P/U's

robert francis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I had an older 3/4 ton International p/u. A 65 or 66 as I recall. Had the straight 6 and 4 spd on the floor and ran fine - but the truck just rusted away, ha, ha.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Im no expert but by what i could see of the back of the engine in the grey, truck that thing in the back looks like it might actually be the tranny, without the bell housing tried to look up info online could not find much
You may well be right. It looks like an old 2 speed trans, which can strongly resemble transfer cases. That one may also be set up for PTO, a lot of older trucks were.

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
It is mine!!!!!!

I'm stoked, the step side is MINE!!!! :yahoo:
He is giving it to me for helping him & his wife move back into the farm house!! Been havin' to work my butt off but it is worth it to me, plus when the move is done, I get to scavenge the outbuildings while helping him go through what he wants & doesn't want. Lots of cool old stuff!!

Been focused on moving & don't have details on the history of the truck yet, once everything is done I will have time to talk to him more about it....

I'm thinkin' 'bout selling my '85 B2 project if anyone is lookin', not sure yet......:dunno:

:icon_cheers:
B2

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Anybody know where to find parts for this thing? It is mine but it's probably going to be a while before I actually start on it, when I do, I will need a good supplier.....I have spent some time trying to find parts on the net to no avail.

It is a '64 International C900 step side that has the 4 cylinder & it is an original 3 spd in the floor(the trans. has been removed at some point, hopefully it is in one of the outbuildings)

I would like to go all original with the whole drive train, but if the engine is not salvageable &/or I can't find the trans, I guess it will get a V8 & some sort of manual trans. Either way I plan on dropping the suspension a little & leaving the body alone, I love it the way it is....

B2

Last edited:

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Anybody know where to find parts for this thing? It is mine but it's probably going to be a while before I actually start on it, when I do, I will need a good supplier.....I have spent some time trying to find parts on the net to no avail.

It is a '64 International C900 step side that has the 4 cylinder & it is an original 3 spd in the floor(the trans. has been removed at some point, hopefully it is in one of the outbuildings)

I would like to go all original with the whole drive train, but if the engine is not salvageable &/or I can't find the trans, I guess it will get a V8 & some sort of manual trans. Either way I plan on dropping the suspension a little & leaving the body alone, I love it the way it is....

B2
Try here: http://www.travelallparts.com/

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

B2
It seems to me they were not very original when they built them, a lot of parts on our '67 seem to have been pulled out of either tractor parts bins or big truck parts pins. You might try Case International dealers, the older the better (the dealers that turned from Case to Case International probably won't have much, look for the old IH dealers that turned unto Case International dealers)

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17

I appreciate that man, I had already found that one & it looks like they will have some of the stuff I will most likely need. :cool: I actually found j/y parts for it on car-part.com so I should be good! I can't wait 'til I can get her up on the lift & see what I'm dealing with but it's probably gonna be a while...:annoyed:

I appreciate it also 85_ good info to know. :icon_thumby:

B2

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
The white one is a manual shift on the column & the gray one is a manual in the floor. The trans is out of the gray one & the only thing I saw anywhere was this in the bed of the white one, I don't know what it goes to or what exactly it is........it looks more like a transfer case to me but I didn't see a front output......:icon_confused:

B2

*****EDIT***** I found out this is an actual trans. case that was given to him years ago, all he knows is that it is from a Scout, he had planned on putting it in the step side just to use it as a transmission but the front input shaft is different.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Right on, you should do a build thread for it. I love the old International Trucks.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
*****EDIT***** I found out this is an actual trans. case that was given to him years ago, all he knows is that it is from a Scout, he had planned on putting it in the step side just to use it as a transmission but the front input shaft is different.
Honestly it looks like a 3 speed/Dana 20 setup out of a Jeep. But it could be from a scout as well. I'd also like to say it's a T15 trans in particular.

In jeeps, there are at least 3 different length input shafts for the T15, and I'm not sure if there are also pilot tip diameter and spline differences as well. Good news is that very few like the 3 speeds, so there's actually quite a few around, just in the back of barns. Some patience and one will turn up.

:icon_thumby:

4x4b2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9l v6
Transmission
Manual
whats happenin with the white one?

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
whats happenin with the white one?
It seems as if it is going to probably stay where it is for a while...:sad: It belonged to his dad & he is very attached to it emotionally. I am going back over there today to give the undercarriage of the step side a good look, I need a better idea of what I am dealing with.......

I will have lots more pics to post in the next day or two! I will get some more of the white one while I am there. A build thread will be coming soon but it will probably be a slow process due to low funds.....:annoyed:

B2

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you ever find out what year it is?

If you want to change the motor out, IH made some big ones that are going pretty cheap right now.

Between the high price of gas and the high price of grain, people don't want old gasser grain trucks. A 345 or 392 would perk that thing up, and as I recall fit in there pretty well.

A word of warning though, the simplicity of this thing will spoil you compared to your BII's :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals