• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hedman, JBA, or Pacesetter Headers?

flyboy89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hedman has headers for the Ranger, and so does JBA and Pacesetter. My gut is telling me Hedmans are better, but I want to hear it from some of you guys who have installed these things. Is one really better than the other, and am I going to have to replace them every 4 years because of rust?

offroadranger

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Pacesetters work, but IMO are put together cheaply and use very thin wall tubing. They do use 3/8" flanges though. JBA's are VERY nice. No experience with hedman.

My opinion is you need to have the headers coated no matter which brand you go with for 2 reasons: heat and corrosion. Its only a matter of time before they rust away if thier not coated. Heat wrap does'nt last, its messy and traps water for short periods of time.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Someone was telling me once that wrap would void the warantee on headers, but I don't know that for a fact.

The pace setters that I have for my 2.9L are jet coated. They're a little over 4 years old and still look pretty decent. I did have to tape one section that's right on top of where my oil filter threads into, the L-shaped metal piece. The coating under that seems to getting ruined because of the header tape.

JBAs are far superior over Pacesetters. I had hedmans on my 327, there were just black, and obviously looked like crap later on. They worked though. JBAs are very nice though. I'd go with those if I had to do it over again.

Pete

flyboy89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the input guys. JBA does sound like a likely candidate, plus they have the ceramic coating or whatever. ($733!!!!) I like the special section the website had for Rangers, and even sound clips too! Yes, JBA headers through a flowmaster 40 series muffler will sound nice...

Robin Hood

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
JBA is the best, from what i've heard.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals