• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hydraulic clutch hose help, 1994 B2300

kp3ft

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm about ready to lose my mind.
My 1994 B2300 leaks fluid right where the clutch master cylinder hose connects to the fitting on the slave cylinder on the transmission. I can't get the hose out of the fitting even with the "special tool" designed for that purpose (the sliding plastic ring is cobbed up and/or there's some other problem). What are my most economical options?
1. To break the fitting and replace the whole slave cylinder unit, and pray that I can get the hose out of the fitting without damaging it?
2. To break the hose itself and pray that I don't damage the fitting? The hose is not sold separately, I would need to but an entire new master cylinder assembly to get the hose. On the other hand, the fitting of the slave cylinder is probably the problem, and the leak is probably only a worn 15-cent rubber O-ring on the end of the hose.
I need to drop the transmission anyway to replace the rear main seal, so putting in a new slave cylinder is not a big deal. My problem is how to remove the hose with the least amount of damage to components (we have extremely little money).

and what I'd love to know above all else, is why the geniuses decided to put a more complex and expensive hydraulic clutch system in a little 4-cylinder truck, when a good old-fashioned cheaper mechanical system is all that's needed ??? Why can't they use the old-style hydraulic fittings, like brake hose fittings... what's with the "special" fittings anyway? Why can't someone invent a time machine so I can go back in time when cars were simpler?

Eaglefixer

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i believe that you can get the line with the Master Cylinder and slave cylinder in a kit from rock auto parts online. You can buy just the line but you have to get it from the dealer

clevemech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
I cut the line and then spliced it back together with a compression fitting. Only problem right now is finding the patience to bleed it properly.

kdowney50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Watch this Video!

I know this is an old post, but anyone searching for help that finds this post should watch this video to the end. They show you EXACTLY how to disconnect the line between the Slave and Master Cylinder for the hydraulic clutch. It saved me hours of aggravation.

Check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjEMoroZQM

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I used two flathead screwdrivers, the tool sucked for me too, bleed the clutch just like a brake caliper, pedal pedal pedal hold loosing the bleeder valve on the tranny by the line. tighten it up it again.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals