• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ok now what dura spark issue

old timer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok yesterday I installed a dura spark conversion from a 76 mustang 2.8 into a 84 bronco II 2.8 5 spd All went as planned w/o any major probs till the crowning moment starting time. Motor cranked up just as always but wouldn't fire right off like it always did. So I cranked it longer figuring time to get fuel into carb. Still no fire after a few moments of that. Said ok 1 last try before a beer just as I was letting go of the key it fired. Cool!!!! Took it for a drive run sooooo much better. Just went out to try it this morning after sitting all nite to make sure choke was working as it should and same problem. Started re tracing steps. I think I got onto the wrong wire for coil. Looking for a red w/ green or brn/pink. Can't find one on fender apron drivers side. Went back to where I cut all wires from computor and no red/grn or brn/pink on pass side Trk was built 12/83 so for sure it's 84 and noone has messed w/wiring. I think that the wire I got onto is hot w/key on but maybe not enuf voltage to fire. I've looked a couple more times for wires but still can't find em. Any ideas? HELP Plz. Thanks

old timer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Problem solved. Still couldn't find wires on fender apron so I went to the ign switch and lo and behold there was a red/grn wire. So I hooked into it and it lives just like before less all the emission stuff. So all is well in the great Pacific nw and another Bronco II is able to go down the road again. Thanks for all your help and I hope sooner I'll be able to help someone else.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
cool did you put the carb on also it is nice my ranger starts right up and doesnt change three times a day where I have to feather the throttle at a light to keep it running

Hotrodlincoln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The only gripe I had with the Duraspark swap was after that the truck would hesitate a little when it was cold. Once it was warm it was all good, but I never could get that hesitation out of it. Played with timing, fuel mix, everything I could think of any just never could quite get it right. But besides that it was 10000% better than with the emission crap all over the place and TFI ignition.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Is the accererator pump working on the carb

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals