• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4wheel push button not working

rayfink

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
well I recently did a explorer to bronco2 swap and i am now to the point of testing the 4wheel drive but when i push the button nothing happens no noise and no lights come on I noticed that when i pulled the harness from the explorer that went from the push button to the transfercase that it also went to the rear of the explorer and pluged in to a little black box does anybody know what that little black box is? and if that could be the problem

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know in my B2, there is a box behind the drivers side door. It'll click when I try to engage my 4wd. U might start w that box.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you didn't change anything to explorer maybe check the fuse and relay but if you did check where the the B2 and explorer come together electrically.

88 xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
that boxcontrols or is the brain to the 4x4 it has to work or nothing will in the transfer function

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
that boxcontrols or is the brain to the 4x4 it has to work or nothing will in the transfer function
+1

That box is needed. When you push your 4X4 button, it sends a signal to that box which in turn sends a signal to your transfer case. Good luck. Let us know if you have any more problems. I just went through a whole fiasco with getting my case to work. Ended up changing the shift motor on the t-case.

STingray1300

Reaction score
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
On my '94 Ranger, if I pushed the button, it took quite a few seconds sometimes to light and kick in (dirty connections?)

You might drive around for a few minutes to see if it "wakes up" like mine did(?)

rayfink

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
well I got it working and i believe it was the actuater moter on the transfercase thanks everybody for there help

IlovemybroncII

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chev
For
Engine Size
350/2.9/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Just some more info on this black box there is also a reset button on black box

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals