• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

the t-6 is out

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I hope we don't get a "euro" looking replacement for the ranger, I don't think anyone would buy one, they're uglier than.... they're just so ugly theres no way to describe how ugly they are!

TayCo 7s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like that honda truck ,what its called..?

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
the first one is the overseas Ranger. Many vehicles available in America are completely different than the vehicles sold overseas by the same name.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I like the ROW Ranger...

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Isn't the T6 supposed to be an overall ranger replacement after 2011? heres what ive read about it.

T6: bigger and better
LINK
Details of Ford's T6 global light commercial replacement (designed and developed by Ford Australia to replace the current Mazda BT50 and Ford Ranger) are slowly emerging.

Those close to the project have hinted that the new model would grow in size, in line with the latest Toyota HiLux and Nissan D40 Navara with its width no longer 'tied' to the Japanese 1.7m width restriction that has defined every Ford Courier/Ranger/Mazda B-series so far.

Other 'insider' news indicates it will feature a full chassis and rear leaf springs to meet the work expectations of this type of vehicle worldwide. The challenge currently facing local engineers is to set new ride standards while maintaining a true one-tonne load capacity -- unlike, for example, the D40 Navara which comes in well under one tonne to achieve its softer ride.

As for the current model's torsion bar front suspension, one senior Ford engineer said: "I have never wanted to design a torsion bar front suspension and I have no intention of starting now." Hmmm… It seems it's a safe bet that the new "truck", as Ford boss Tom Gorman likes to call it, will feature double-wishbone coil spring front suspension.

The engineer also noted the passenger car levels of finish and amenities in the abovementioned Nissan's cabin were a direction he saw as an important development.

Like its Holden counterpart, Ford Australia's engineering assets are flavour of the month. With the local team successfully hitting and beating the myriad development gateways of the T6 project, one senior Ford source told CN Confidential that it is increasingly hard pressed to keep up with the escalating demand for its engineering input -- on a whole range of projects.
After these engineering resources were recently boosted to over 1000 personnel, the talent pool is still nowhere near enough, says our source.

To meet this demand, Ford Australia has boosted apprenticeships to 50 and attracted several hundred European engineers left redundant from the many rationalizations of the last decade.

These engineers bring top-shelf experience when they come from Aston Martin, Jaguar, Bentley and others, often via a German company. Especially important is experience in vital areas such as Euro III and IV compliance.

"The arrival of these people and the experience they bring has allowed us to grow much quicker than expected and take on the work which otherwise would have been lost," the senior boffin told CN Confidential.

Further down the track, this must consolidate Ford Australia's new role as the Blue Oval's key engineering centre for Asia and Africa. In the current climate of declining large car sales, it's good to hear demand exceeds supply -- even if it's not measured in cars coming down an assembly line.
Looks light whatever replaces the ranger will be on the more universal side between countries. One ton suspension is a definite plus. What will be interesting it what ford does with the interior...

The Luigiian

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not sure if I like what they're saying about the international Ranger. It sounds way too much like what the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier already are, oversized and overly built for the American compact truck market. There's a reason the Ranger is still #2 in compact trucks, and it's because it's compact, maneuverable, high-quality, and fuel efficient.

The bigger truck just sounds too close in size to the F-150. The F-100 is honest, an F-150 made smaller for the masses. The international Ranger isn't small and light like the current Ranger, and it isn't an F-150 either, which I think takes away a ton of its appeal.

And Mulally said we're not getting it, so unless he's lying it's not coming over.

I personally would like to see the current chassis get the 2.0 Ecoboost of next year's Explorer. Good mileage and power on a lightweight chassis. Has anybody heard anything about that? What's the future of the 4.0 engine?

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If they made the 2011 ranger any bigger than the current one, it won't sell, as we already have the F150 if we want a ford bigger than a ranger.

Alex FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I agree with the size i think it should stay the same but time will only tell

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
that is the t-6.

in "Petersen's 4wheel & off-road" february 2010 issue on pg.91
the question is "will you ever make a crew cab ranger?" ford states " ford motor company offers a crew cab ranger in non-north american markets. In north america, the ranger fulfills the need of an inexpensive, fuel-efficient commuter vehicle and the f-150 fulfills the need for a larger package with greater capability in the fullize segment."

there is also something in there about the diesel ranger that is a poor reason not to have it. also a little thing in there on a bronco and a few more questions.

if that t-6 comes here it will be called the f-100 i think.

also the ranger that is available in brittin is also down under and south america....look at the 2011 fiesta. it has been available in the UK since 2008 and austraila since 2009. and we are getting it later this summer. ford cant focus on the north america segment first. pis sis me off some times

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals