• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tire pressure.

colinrmitchell

Feels good, man.
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys.

I just fit some 33x12.5-R15 TSLs on my 4x2 Ranger (well, about a month ago). I got them on the 15x10 Crager soft-blacks. I want to air them down in the mud and the snow. I have an on-board air compressor, but I don't have a spare tire. I don't do any crazy rock climbing or nothing, just mucking around in the woods. What's a good air-down pressure to run them at so I don't blow a bead out in the middle of no-where?

Thanks in advance.

krazybronco

Reaction score
get a cheap spare that is close to the right size is what i would suggest then

but to air down i would say 20 or so but if mud getts into the bead you will lose air pressure pretty quickly

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
What width rim do you have? This plays a big part in what you can air down to without blowing a bead. Also the type of terrain plays a big part. If you are going to be mutching the side of the tire along banks of earth then chances are if you are low pressure then mud and shit will get packed in there.

I run pressures of 10 front 5 rear on the rocks, 20 front 10 rear general, and as low as 5-7 front 0-2 rear for winter deep snow wheelin. My rear tires allow me to run at 0. Also I have on board air, so if I do blow a bead its as easy as setting one in the garage with your compressor. And it sounds like you also have a good OBA setup. So dick with it until you find something that feels good.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Except for rock crawling, I think airing down is very overrated. Seen many more people pop a bead when wheeling than be helped by extra sidewall flex.
With 10" rims I wouldn't air down a lot, I'd say no less than 25 psi.

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Except for rock crawling, I think airing down is very overrated. Seen many more people pop a bead when wheeling than be helped by extra sidewall flex.
With 10" rims I wouldn't air down a lot, I'd say no less than 25 psi.
You are kidding right?

Sand wheelin, snow wheelin, muddy ass logs. Airing down is you friend when wheelin. True you can get your self into trouble when airing down, but thats why you run the right equipment if you air down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals