• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Smogger

Eric Kropp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I need some help from the techies. I am from California, so Dura-spark and non stock remedies won't fly. I bought a code reader the other day and followed all the install and set up instructions. When I turned it on the three zero's came up and then the instructions said to push the test button and an arrow was supposed to come up and start the engine off key on testing. None of this happened. I did the trouble shooting jumpers and made no difference.
When I bought it I notice that it had been opened and used and returned. I wonder if someone else had the same problem and returned it. I guess my real question is whether or not some one has had the test ports not work on Rangers not work, or if you think it might have been the code reader.

Any help would be great,

Eric:icon_welder:

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like the tester. See if you can find the test method to use a VOM with a meter or a light bulb. It is most manuals and may be on-line.

TheNicky

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Same problem... it also happens to my neighbors 83 v6 as well... its wierd...
its worked 1 time for me out of about 20... Same on my friends ranger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals