• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is it too early to be thinking of Spring 2014?

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
As a relative newbie to the forums and recreational four wheeling, I am very intrigued with the idea of joining up with some TRS members this coming spring. Been looking at pics and videos from Wellsville and Bundy. Looks like a blast! I'd definitely be hanging with the mostly stockers. My Ranger is my DD and I'd be driving it to wherever and back. Can't be tearing too much up.

Still, it'd be nice to use the transfer case by choice for once instead of just for the occasional necessity.

Are there plans in the works already? I'd imagine a meet takes some lead time to prepare for. I'd personally be willing to drive up to say, 400 miles each way from Clarksville, TN if something was going on in that range.

Maybe what I should be asking is "What can I do to make an event happen?"

Last edited:

Jsommers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Plan a day and a place and start a thread on it. Let people know your going and see if anyone wants to go with you. We just had a trip to bundy hill last weekend and it was a blast

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
We hit turkey bay all the time, for you, you have 2 ways to get there. You can head my direction (towards Dover) then head up the trace, or you can get on 24 west, get of at exit 65 (hwy 68/80) and head south for about 15 minutes. Let me know when you want to go, I've got a buddy ready to go at any time. Great thing about turkey bay is they have wheeling for everyone from mild to wild...

SVT

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
We hit turkey bay all the time, for you, you have 2 ways to get there. You can head my direction (towards Dover) then head up the trace, or you can get on 24 west, get of at exit 65 (hwy 68/80) and head south for about 15 minutes. Let me know when you want to go, I've got a buddy ready to go at any time. Great thing about turkey bay is they have wheeling for everyone from mild to wild...

SVT
Yeah! I noticed you were just up the road from me. Like I said i can't get into anything too hairy, but the pics and videos I've seen here look like a blast. My wife and I went joy riding up that way summer before last to see the buffalo and went right past Turkey Bay. You don't know Johnny Z do you? I used to play in several bands with him back in the day.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Can't say I have, but you never know. I'm in Clarksville 3-5 times a week, I bring my sister back and forth to Austin Peay. You'd know my truck if you seen it, its an 02 silver sport Trac with black 20" rims and an 03 ranger front clip, black bumper. It'll be hard to stay on side of it as its got a somewhat healthy V8, so if you see it, its moving!

SVT

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I'll keep an eye out for you and flag you down (if I can keep up!).

Old Johnny Z is kind of a fixture up in Dover. He occasionally runs the roads up there in an old blue souped up Ford pickup called Cat's Pajamas. Badass truck, not so Badass name...

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
i will have a campsite in wellsville and i usually go from early may all the way thro oct as many weekends as my wallet and truck can handle. but i always go memorial weekend, fourth of july weekend, and labor day weekend. and try to head a couple weekends in between.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals