• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Ford Ranger 2G Alternator Wiring

jjred1977

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

I had a mouse chew threw my alternator harness and it shorted out and burned the whole alternator harness up to the bare wires. I have a new alternator plug and voltage regulator plug and I wanted to make sure I've got them wired correctly. I have the yellow and the green wires connecting to the main harness plug. The colors match up there. The small white wire is connecting the alternator plug and the voltage regulator plug to each other. The two black with orange stripe wires coming from the alternator plug are going to the black with orange stripe on the main harness plug.

I'm not good with reading electrical diagrams but I think this is correct. The alternator powered on when I connected the green wire. I just want to make sure that the alternator is cycling the way it should. I tested the voltage inside the truck at the fuse block and I'm getting about 14.3 volts inside.

I just want to make sure this is correct before I start driving it again because I don't want to burn the truck down for something simple.

Thanks in advance,

James

jjred1977

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Fixed it myself. A couple of companies make replacement 2G harnesses.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals