• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will 08 Rear axle assy work in a 94 Ranger?

wilcox800mr

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've found a 08 7.5" rear axle assy with 4.10 ratio at a recycler 1.5 hrs from home. They're not sure if it will work in my 94. Leaving at daylight in the morning to go get a stock front suspension from a 97 to replace the lowering kit on it now.
I would like to get the rear axle IF it will work in my truck. Any problems with fitment?, drive shaft flange/yoke?, ABS sensors?, Parking brake cables?, pinion angle?, spring pad width? Shock mounts? Something I haven't thought of?
I've tried the resource and tech sections, and didn't see anything. But?
Thanks for the help.
Aaron

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Should work out just fine. It will bolt right in. Abs sensor should be the same, if not the one out of your current diff will swap into it. Spring perches are the same width. Pinion flange should be the same.

wilcox800mr

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, was running bad late this AM and didn't reply. Got rear axle from a 08 and front suspension cut-off from a 97. Interestingly enough, rotors and knuckles are completely different from my 94, though they were listed as an interchange, but the indentical 08 rear axle wasn't. Imagine that.

Again, Thanks

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
97 has the bolt on calipers and the 94 uses split pins. The 97 style is a much better system.

wilcox800mr

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sorry it took so long to update thread. Finally got driveshaft back in this morning, completing rear axle swap. Everything went great right up to the parking brake cables. I guessed at the brackets and connecters and after trying several configurations have much better parking brakes than before. Everything else was just R & R. Now for the front end. I'm working on the shift rail plugs as well, easy access from thru the floorboard. Again, Thanks for the help.

I like the looks and potential of the two piston calipers from the 97. I just hope I don't have to mix and match on the front brake lines like I did on the brake cables.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals