• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My New to me Traxxas Stampede.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got it for 50 bucks in barely used condition from my brothers friend..seems like some fun just wondering about some upgrades and stuff. the battery seems to last about 15 or so minutes which sucks...it's a 3000 MaH battery.

not sure about anything about these!

Pics soon.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Is it a newer one? 4x model? I had a nitro stampede and had problems with the axles popping out of the cups on the diff but other then that it was pretty fun, hard to keep the front tires on the ground

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
theres not a whole lot that needs upgraded on the stampedes. if it has a brushless motor you're good there. if not get a cheap ezrun brushless setup and you're good there. you probably have nimh (nickel metal hydride) batteries which are good for a beginner but if you get lipos (lithium polymer) batteries they increase power and run times drastically as well. but with the lipos you need a special charger for them. anything else just replace it as you break it. with suspension pieces i highly recommend pieces from RPM as the replacements. they are a little softer plastic that allows pieces to bend more than factory pieces which decreases breakage. if you have any ?'s just ask me. i have a few traxxas vehicles and quite a bit of experience with them

insane4speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a traxxas stampede as well 2wd and converted to brushless. i also have upgraded to lipo and omg its night and day performance

Masteryeti

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If ya go brushless i suggest a wheelie bar lol i had one and loved it but the damn thing was on its back wheels more then anything

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals